Tecnotrat 'Nickel' Aelle Blu NI 71. Tricolour 600 Shimano

baronsouthside

Old School Hero
A while back i posted a thread to help identify a frame I had bought. Through my own investigation I've came to a fairly sure conclusion that the frame was built by Tecnotrat in Italy for export to be badged at point of sale. One other nickel bike online bares a French bike shop sticker but the BB threads are British so still no closer to identifying exactly where the bike comes from. My main evidence towards this being a Tecnotrat frame are the stamps and stamp positions on the BB. They match other examples of Tecnotrat BBs and the heart shaped cut outs on the lugs that were favoured by Tecnotrat when building frames. Find my identification post with frame pics here.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=390478

Is there anything special about it? Not really but its a well built 1997 frame that probably pushes the age bracket for this page but it should ride well and i think it actually looks quite smart and im hoping this thread will help others identify Tecnotrat frames if required. There are brazeons on the downtube for cables so i think originally it should have been an 8 speed. The Shimano tricolour 600 gear is also quality. Saddle is second hand and modern and just fitted with the blue and lime colour scheme. No paint work. Just a clean. Lime cable outers to match the lime in the frame paintwork. SPD pedals just cause thats the shoes i have.

Headset: Campagnolo
Stem: 3TTT
Handlebar:3TTT
Bar Tape: Cinelli

Frame: Columbus Aelle

Brake Levers: Shimano 600 Tricolour
Brake Calipers: Shimano 600 Tricolour
Brake Pads: Shimano
Brake Cables: Jagwire

Shifters: Shimano 600 Tricolour
Front Derailleur: Shimano 600 Tricolour
Rear Derailleur: Shimano 600 Tricolour
Derailleur Cables: Jagwire
Cassette: 7 speed
Chain: New shimano
Cranks:Shimano 600 Tricolour
Chainrings: Shimano 52/39
Bottom Bracket: Shimano UN55 113x68
Pedals: Shimano

Rims: Alesa 613
Hubs: Shimano
Hub Skewers: New Shimano

Saddle: Prologo Kappa Evo
Seatpost: Campagnolo

Bottle Cage: Elite

Weight: Unknown but feels lighter that i thought it would.

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• IMG_2279.jpg
    IMG_2279.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 536
  • IMG_2277.jpg
    IMG_2277.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 533
  • IMG_2276.jpg
    IMG_2276.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 531
  • IMG_2278.jpg
    IMG_2278.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 534
  • IMG_2275.jpg
    IMG_2275.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 535
Re:

Very nice. I had a Technotrat Aelle tubed frameset too. A bit older than yours with the cut out lugs, mudguard eyes, and chrome forks with cast crown. I had it stripped and sprayed and when bare it obvious it was a very carefully put together frameset.

I have been trying to ID a frame I have and its been suggested this could also be a Technotrat. It does have some simularities athough looks like a track/sprint build. Its plain gauge taking a 26.8mm stem, the only number on it is 55 on the BB socket for the DT which could be the CTC size as its ~56 CTT. Nothing on the forks, both are features of these frames I believe. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 3
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Capture3.JPG
    Capture3.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Capture4.JPG
    Capture4.JPG
    28.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Close ups.JPG
    Close ups.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 3
I have been trying to ID a frame I have and its been suggested this could also be a Technotrat. It does have some simularities athough looks like a track/sprint build. Its plain gauge taking a 26.8mm stem, the only number on it is 55 on the BB socket for the DT which could be the CTC size as its ~56 CTT. Nothing on the forks, both are features of these frames I believe. Any thoughts?
That's identical to my Faggin columbus aelle. Heart shaped cutouts, absent chainstay bridge.

Thanks, Yes I think this is the most likely option for the origin of this frame, but built for which bike shop? Guess i'll never know, but it came with Holdsworth decals so possibly post RT era before it closed? I also have seen a Shorter frame with very similar features, maybe they used them too, who knows. I see both Aelle and Gara are plain gauge Columbus road tubing, I was tending towards Gara as its Cr Mo and 'Stout' seemed more suitable for fixie. It also came out latter and would fit potential timing for this frame. I guess either are an option?

Back