Cranks: Unknown

Rims: Campagnolo Record Strada
Hubs: Mavic
Hub Skewers: Mavic
Spokes: DT
Tyres: Continental

Saddle: Kore
Seatpost: SR

I found this frame in a very sorry state abandoned under a bridge (I was there for work, i'm not a troll or anything) over 7 years ago! I liked the look of the lugs, generally felt sorry for it, and decided it might make a good project at some point.
I had some spare time over the last few months and finally cracked on with it.
I believe its a 531 special, mainly due to the lugs, but if thats wrong im happy to hear different. And due to the frame number it is manufactured in 1982.
Its come out quite well for a frame i painted myself, athough I did find a few faults with the frame that weren't really visible before; ripple in top tube near headset and stripped bb threads non drive side. As a result I'm not going to finish building it and it is destined to be wall art in my garage/workshop. I will probably use the parts on another build in the future, once I've finished a few other builds I've sat on for years!

Attachments

• Holdsworth.jpg
    Holdsworth.jpg
    661.8 KB · Views: 94
  • Holdsworth 5.jpg
    Holdsworth 5.jpg
    512.8 KB · Views: 91
  • Holdsworth 2.jpg
    Holdsworth 2.jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Looks nice either way. You could put a threadless BB in it but what caused the ripple in the top tube? It hasn't had a front end collision has it?

I guess it must have had a frontal impact of some sort, and probably why it was abandoned!
I'm happy to put it on the wall, and keep an eye out for a new project; I had intended this for a friend to ride, but I dont really trust it enough for that.

Hey,

Lovely job with the frame. I have one that looks identical. Same lugs and braze ons etc.. been trying to figure out the model. Where did you find information to think yours was a 531 special?

Thanks

I used the above website and my frame number, plus looked at the brochures and what I knew about the bikes original colours, lugs and decals. But it was a bit of a guess really.

Lovely. The Holdsworthy ere Holdsworths - and Clauds - are fantastic bikes. Bery rideable, lively and comfortable. Not too expensive either as plenty around

It'll certainly make a nice piece of wall art.

Back