For Sale Team Marin

Hitshot

Dirt Disciple
I bought this bike from a nice guy on this forum some time ago and have really enjoyed owning her. Not so much for the riding really as for the pleasure of just looking at the bike hanging on the wall.
For me this Marin and its colour scheme is so representative of what for me was the pinnacle of the mountain biking scene in the uk - early to mid 90’s. Probs just me with the rose coloured specs on!
Anyway the bike herd is getting out of hand so it’s time for someone else to have the pleasure of owning this beauty.
No dents, cracks or damage to the frame or forks. All bearings are smooth. Zolatone paint has the odd blemish but nothing significant. Rims are Araya RM17 on XT hubs.
For me this was more a museum piece than a riding tool and couldn’t live with the sadly faded original pink paint at the front end so treated her to a fresh coat.
im thinking that you might be able to ascertain most of the spec details from the photographs but any questions please ask and viewing is welcome 4045CFF1-4B5D-4686-AA1E-28C207685414.jpeg .
I’m just south of Bristol.
£475

Wow, that colourway brings back so many memories - including not being able to afford that model then. Lovely bike. Good luck with the sale.

Nice. From the decal on the seat post it looks like it came from Cycle Care in High Wycombe. A shop I frequented pretty much weekly. Looks too small for me but might help with the sale if you post up the size. Good luck that is really nice and I'm sure it won't hang about.

Hi thanks for pointing out that I’ve omitted the size!
15.5” centre bb to centre top tube. 17” centre bb to top of seat tube.

Lovely bike, they always evoke great memories from bitd drooling over the them at the local bike shop. Glws.

Nice. From the decal on the seat post it looks like it came from Cycle Care in High Wycombe. A shop I frequented pretty much weekly. Looks too small for me but might help with the sale if you post up the size. Good luck that is really nice and I'm sure it won't hang about.

As uno-speedo has just said that colour does bring it all back.

Cyclecare and Mountain high too were my local ish shops too. Always remember guy called Mikey there who had the really high pitched excitable voice. Bought my Manitou there.

Certain bikes get you misty-eyed. This is definitely one of them for me. As mentioned above I think it’s probably the colour that sets you off…
Good luck with the sale.

Latest posts

Back