Sold Marin Bear Valley 1991 - complete original bike, 19" frame with grey Zolatone paintwork

arkonline

Dirt Disciple
Selling my excellent, all original, classic Marin Bear Valley from 1991. Owned by me from new!

It's the complete spec bike - Tange double butted Cromoly steel, with original steel Marin Rockstar forks, Marin Lite stem, seatpost and bars, Shimano Exage drivetrain, Shimano canti brakes, Biopace chainset, Shimano Exage hubs with 36 hole Araya rims. It has a Marin saddle but I think this is the only bit that isn't original (the old one fell apart).

Still has the original grey Zolatone paintwork which is in pretty good condition for a 32 year old bike - there are a few areas of wear that have been touched up in paint, but you have to look pretty close to see them. The main bit of wear is on the top tube (see pics), which should be touched up or repainted to avoid rust - haven't done this myself as I figured better for the next owner to do. No areas of rust that I can see.

Has most of the decals apart from the Bear Valley stickers which you can source pretty easily.

Happy to send via courier at cost anywhere in the UK. I've broken it down into components at the moment to give everything a good clean, but can part assemble if you like, just let me know.

Asking £200 for it. FYI it will also be listed on eBay!

IMG_4615.JPG IMG_4653.jpg IMG_4645.jpg IMG_4652.jpg IMG_4649.jpg IMG_4648.jpg IMG_4655.jpg

Looks like 19" c to t. Which probably, makes it a marin size medium 17.5"....but photos can be deceiving!

Actually looks bigger to me, but like you say it is hard to tell from photos for sure.

Quick one about frame size. So it's 19" centre to centre, which means it's 21.5" centre to top? Is that correct? Please confirm as I'm interested.
Where are you located?
Thanks

Back