Tange Switchblade going price - anyone know?

Interesting thread…about riding qualities of bontrager versus tange fabricated forks. Always aspired to get some bonty forks for the complete build - of my bonty - (specifically in black) not so sure now.

Have lots of riding time on RC30 and can confirm really good - direct , and if you can accommodate running a modern low pressure tubless tyre actual comy & fun too.

MBUK did a excellent test article on rigid forks inc. pace & bonty + various unicrowns early 90s.

The later Tange Switchblade was actually built under contract by Bontrager.
I don't know if it helps but Pace steerers fit, gives you another option to look for.
They still sell them but only have 1" ahead in aluminium in stock at the moment.
Pace steerers

Yeah seen the pace ones, nothing in stock.
My g/f goes to the states next week, are options better there?
Are the Merkin retrobikers knowledgeable on the subject?

@benjabbi, am inclined to agree - a fun project I had sometime thought of was have rigid fork legs made to fit my bontrager crowned (black anodised) Mag 21s - but even that could be missing point of Bontragers inention to adjust trail fork geometry to accomodate suspension. Might look cool tho’

I'm good, got the fork from Germany.
All I need is a much longer steerer which are impossible to find.

I've looked at the Project Two's and I do like them, and probably a sturdier option.
But they do look weird if you know what they normally are bolted to, the Tange just looked smexier.
As this bike is most likely never to be sold, I thought it a good investment.

View attachment 742646
Maybe this will help: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/11155100...rentrq:3e12dd571880ab859dd62335fff0f65a|iid:1

If your length is not in stock, he will make 1 for you.

Cheers

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Switch blades ride much better than pace. Had 2 x rc30 bitd and raced on both....hated both model 1 and 2. Harsh.

But tbh...i also took the switchblades off ( for 30 year rest period) because, as somebody said above, just never ever look at the dropouts...its bloody terrifying....but thats why they were more comfortable! 😂

Saying that, i restored then amd put them back on a couple of years back!

Ps...the rather incongruous m900 cantilevers have gone now, but it was all i had knocking about at the time!

20210625_121539.jpg

As for price, like @raidan73 im also a bit shocked how they have gone up. 4 years ago i sold off my 2 pace forks, with spares for about £120 a go in perfect condition....now, for ones that good probably double it..

As for switch blades, i don't think £250 is unreasonable...

Someone actually messaged me on Ebay to tell me off for pricing mk2 RC-30s at £120 a couple of years back, apparently it was much too cheap! Never had that before! 😁
They were mint and I do regret selling them tbh.

Back