Tange Switchblade going price - anyone know?

Spankyfart

Marin Fan
As posted in title, what would the going rate be for a Tange Switchblade the non Bonty non Prestige.
I see anything from 170,- euro to 300,- (from this forum 2022 till now)
Is 300,- too much?

I got offered one for 280,- but I'm on the fence because I think it's too expensive. Am I too Dutch (and thus cheap? 🤣 )

They, and the Bonty ones, seem to have gone crazy this last few years. I've don't recall seeing a Tange one for less than £200 any time recently. I sold one for £69 posted back in 2012!

So that's 230,- euros, would be a "going" price then, that was around what I had in mind.
Would a Prestige go for more? I know the Bonty's do.

I don't think there will be much price difference between the regular and Prestige versions of the Tange fork

I think it's madness too, but I did just pay 280,- Euro's with postage.
Just as comparison, I got offered an RC30 for 250 pounds on this forum last week.
It's 18,- postage, so the fork is 262,- Euros e.g. 228GBP. Do I wait till I can buy one for 220,- euro? Is the extra 40,- worth for me to finish my build.

My wallet apparently said yes, and I'm far from a rich fella.
It is what it is, and I don't think prices are going down either.

As posted in title, what would the going rate be for a Tange Switchblade the non Bonty non Prestige.
I see anything from 170,- euro to 300,- (from this forum 2022 till now)
Is 300,- too much?

I got offered one for 280,- but I'm on the fence because I think it's too expensive. Am I too Dutch (and thus cheap? 🤣 )
Ik heb er 1 te koop mocht je geïnteresseerd zijn, met een Tune Titanium custom made stuurbuis twv €145. Vorige week advertentie geplaatst op Retrobike (met foto's)
Groet Lex

Just to rub it in the pair I currently own were 'free' with a Klein frame that cost me peanuts. That was around 2017 so I guess I'm ahead of the curve :D

But yes, the pricing has gone pretty mental lately on these. It's probably best to do what I did and keep an eye out for a cheap frameset that happens to have a pair bolted on. Some brands also offered these as OEM items on higher end models (Ridgeback for example) but these are almost as rare to find.

FWIW the Tange forks ride significantly better than Bonty Switchblades as well. I had nothing but flex and judder with mine. I intend to eventually use my Tange forks with my OR as and when I get around to rebuilding it :)

I sold a pair for £200ish a while back, paid £250 for a pair of Bontragers.

'FWIW the Tange forks ride significantly better than Bonty Switchblades as well. I had nothing but flex and judder with mine. I intend to eventually use my Tange forks with my OR as and when I get around to rebuilding it :)'

Obviously you shouldn't be, but don't look at the dropouts on either while braking the flex is disconcerting, I got a really nasty judder on both with a Dia-Compe 987, it disappeared with a Shimano brake. As much as it pains me to say it, a Project 2 is a better fork, in it's triple butted guise it's 200g lighter and is stiffer, still rides nicely, not to mention significantly cheaper! Doesn't look as good though in my opinion and I had to have the right fork in my Bonty! :)

Last edited:
Ik heb er 1 te koop mocht je geïnteresseerd zijn, met een Tune Titanium custom made stuurbuis twv €145. Vorige week advertentie geplaatst op Retrobike (met foto's)
Groet Lex

I'm good, got the fork from Germany.
All I need is a much longer steerer which are impossible to find.

a Project 2 is a better fork, in it's triple butted guise it's 200g lighter and is stiffer, still rides nicely, not to mention significantly cheaper! Doesn't look as good though in my opinion and I had to have the right fork in my Bonty!

I've looked at the Project Two's and I do like them, and probably a sturdier option.
But they do look weird if you know what they normally are bolted to, the Tange just looked smexier.
As this bike is most likely never to be sold, I thought it a good investment.

RR Switch.jpg

Last edited:
Back