Support your local bike shop ... puh !!

Andy R":2ufmupxy said:
Neil":2ufmupxy said:
Has anybody else noticed that male drivers of a certain age (50+) tend to be the most awkward out there?

You know the kind, drive 40 in a 60 limit, you overtake, they speed up whilst you're overtaking, then flash their headlights afterwards, then proceed to tailgate you when you've slowed down to drive through a 30 limit?

Practically every time I've encountered a real awkward to$$er when driving, and it's been a bloke, looking roughly in his 50s. Surely can't be a coincidence ;-)
Now if you'd said that this applied to drivers over, say, 80 then I might (just might, mind you ;) ) have agreed with you, because I've met a few like that. They usually seem to dive Honda Accords or A-class Mercs.

But I don't know any drivers of my age (so that'll be 58-ish then) who drive the way that you described - not any more than in any other age group at least.
Most of the tossers I encounter (driving or not) are in their twenties, for what it's worth, but around here there aren't even many of those.

I think any generalisation (especially on an Internet forum) is risky, because you never really know who you're "talking" to.... :roll:
Well it's not just me who's noticed it - I've had other people say the same thing to me.

Now don't get me wrong, I understanding people get a little, well, touchy, if they feel they've been stereotyped. And yes, I've seen young drivers drive like numpties - but they don't seem to have any spite in them.

Any times I've had either experienced or seen drivers being truly spiteful and peevish (as opposed to purely driving like idiots) it's been men of that age range <shrug>

Once I happened to mention this to some friends, and found others saying the same thing.

Neil":1g1fr7ja said:
Any times I've had either experienced or seen drivers being truly spiteful and peevish (as opposed to purely driving like idiots) it's been men of that age range <shrug>

Once I happened to mention this to some friends, and found others saying the same thing.

It must be because at our age we are (of course) physically incapable of doing any of the things that we used to live for (riding nice bikes well, having good sex with attractive women, playing in excellent bands - you name it, we wish that we could still do it) we have nothing to keep us going apart from harassing you youngsters by being "spiteful and peevish".

We're just bitter and twisted old bastards - that's all there is to it, yessir!

Andy R":y6wofgpr said:
Neil":y6wofgpr said:

It must be because at our age we are (of course) physically incapable of doing any of the things that we used to live for (riding nice bikes well, having good sex with attractive women, playing in excellent bands - you name it, we wish that we could still do it) we have nothing to keep us going apart from harassing you youngsters by being "spiteful and peevish".

We're just bitter and twisted old bastards - that's all there is to it, yessir!
Thank you for that free and frank confession!

I bet you feel all warm and unburdened, now...

;-)

Neil":vwae2o5f said:
Thank you for that free and frank confession!

I bet you feel all warm and unburdened, now...

;-)

Confession is always good for the soul, my son :cool:

But anyway - enough of this bullshit, I've got a nice bike just begging to be ridden this afternoon, and later, dinner with a most attractive lady :p

No offence intended BTW and certainly non taken.....

Well there you go ..... Just popped my c16r down the new local shop to see if they would tweak the headset and the young mechanic was brilliant!!

"wow thats what you call a proper bike"
"made my day bringing that in"

perry":1hfqcs74 said:
Stop lying about your age Andy , there's no way you're 58 :LOL:

In the words of Charles and Eddie (remember them?) would I lie to you baby?

No, all true.....

Back