Sunn Obsys air/oil forks advice needed

Re:

Great thanks! No hurry at all - for me its generally weeks at least between opportunities to try stuff out.

So I'm signed up on the French forum. Still can't find "petites annonces" however - and there's no search bar! A google search didn't work either :?

Re: Re:

jaypee":3959hzvm said:
Great thanks! No hurry at all - for me its generally weeks at least between opportunities to try stuff out.

So I'm signed up on the French forum. Still can't find "petites annonces" however - and there's no search bar! A google search didn't work either :?
If you can't see "petites annonces", you're not signed in. You'll want to click on "connexion" at the top right under the huge site header. It's phpbb under the hood, but in french and with an atrocious skin.

:)

Simon

Re:

Right so I've made my first post on that site and requested three kits! At least one will probably be spare and I'm happy to pass it on at cost once I've sorted out my fork (or before if you're really desperate - I figured I'd save the guy the trouble of sending lots to the UK).

Great heads up Simon, thanks :D

Re:

Quick update: the first batch of kits has run out and he's going to order some more when he has sufficient interest - I've registered mine. Will keep this thread posted with developments.

jaypee":1q025dyi said:
Quick update: the first batch of kits has run out and he's going to order some more when he has sufficient interest - I've registered mine. Will keep this thread posted with developments.
Yeah, it's not an "order now, get them tomorrow" deal. The general process is people put their interest in until they get to 20-30 kits, and then a big order goes in. The parts come from (IIRC) 3 separate places, so it's a bit of a bear to coordinate and keep the costs down.

Simon

Harryburgundy":2bmcah81 said:
If you email me (see profile) I can email you what I have just scanned on my phone. Might work?

Thanks Harry, I did email you through RB but it was the first time I've done that - did you get it? No hurry, just checking :D

Re:

Being a very short leap away from re-constructing my Mag 21 Ti's, with freshly painted lowers (am picking them up today - woohoo!), and new bushings, mainseals, and o-rings (managed to scrounge all that stuff together) ... I was mulling over what I'd do if I found the needle valves to start leaking on me at some point in time. Well, it sounds as though you guys have devised a relatively easy-to-do fix, but I've got to ask ... what is this 'RTV' sealant of which you speak; and does one purchase it at an automotive partsandtools supplier?

Your guidance/assistance will be highly valued.

RTV (Room Temperature Vulcanizing) sealant is a silicone caulk like material used to make joints oil/coolant tight on engines. It's available anywhere you can get car parts. I prefer Permatex Black.

http://www.permatex.com/products-2/prod ... ker-detail

Good luck with the Mags!

The valves are still serving well in my FSX's.

AFAIK, it's about the only "unobtainium" wear part in the Mag family of forks.

J

Back