Sunn Obsys air/oil forks advice needed

Re: sunn Obsys 55 fork

OK so I got a needle and pushed that through first, then the football type pump adapter. Judging by the large chunk of rubber that came if I think I f¥@#§D it!

Said lump of rubber:
The valve was really thick and didn't seem to have a hole through it(?)

Tried pumping and it didn't seem to work. Wondering what to do next. The bike is too small for me anyway. Thought my son could use but he's rapidly growing and it's probably not worth keeping it for him. Could sell but in current condition I probably wouldn't get that much and it has nice parts I could use that are probably worth more than I'd get for it. Hmm, might start a separate thread....

I may be interested in the fork if the seals are thought to be okay :)

I recently bought a Sunn Revolt with forks that the seller says needs new seals.

Minifreak":ki1jyur1 said:

I recently bought a Sunn Revolt with forks that the seller says needs new seals.
If you want new seals, sign up to http://sunnpro.team-forum.net/forum and head to "petites annonces" / "Commandes Goodies" / "kits de joints obsys complets"

There's an order being put together at the moment.

[edit] kit includes rubber seal / "valve" for the top of the fork.

Re:

Excellent! Thanks mate :D

Couldn't find that section and tried and failed to sign up. It says to contact technical support but I can't see how to do that either. Will try the desktop site when I'm on a PC.

Minifreak":1qltksxm said:

Possibly, will persevere for now but may well admit defeat! The seals look fine but something is causing the forks to have no bounce :-( I guess the seals are a good bet for the culprit.

Re: Re:

jaypee":1rxgen4t said:
Excellent! Thanks mate :D

Couldn't find that section and tried and failed to sign up. It says to contact technical support but I can't see how to do that either. Will try the desktop site when I'm on a PC.
Half the site's hidden if you're not signed up and logged in. Go figure.

Let me know if you can't manage to get signed up, I can get a set or two ordered and post them on to you / have them posted direct. Worth persevering with the sign up if you can, though, there's a load of good technical stuff on there.

Simon

Re:

I've just collected an as-new bike with Sunn Obsys Carbon forks complete with original forks owners manual and pump. Would it helped if I copied the English pages for you?

Re:

That would be excellent, thanks Harry. Maybe post them to this thread as it seems to be accumulating all there is to know about these forks and can be a useful resource in general.

Latest posts

Back