Sunday 16th Hull

Great ride Ben :D

Image071.jpg

Image072.jpg

We set off along the Humber, then due to the path being in the Humber we had a clamber, either that or swim, so had to divert a touch. If the tide is low you could ride along the beach bit. We where aiming for here http://lh5.ggpht.com/_eehaXRpEJXU/S69t6 ... 020322.JPG (old ride) then go up through the wooded area. But there is even less of the track than I thought there would be :LOL:

Th rest was nice and one that I would happily do again, plus with a cafe at the end it helped :D

Though my last damaged cleat final gave up and of course I hadn't taken the spare back plate.
I've now found it and till get that fixed, my wife ahd taken it shopping with here in her rucksack, along with the pump. Forgot I had used it on the last ride :D

Legs are aching though, more than I thought they would and these camel back type thing hold more water than I thought, still had 1L left in it and only used 0.5 L

Cool. Wouldn't be a retro ride without a mechanical.

How long were you out? Could it be a mid week evening ride? Seems ideal to meet at the bridge for a mid weeker.

Camping was good thanks chris. Me, a eurofighter fixer and 8 student nurses! Sounds like a carry on film in the making. Matrons in the woods. Sadly 3 of them were blokes. Clearly gay. Whatever next, female police officers?

Started a bit dodgy as another couple brought their dogs too and their bitch kept growling at milly. I was a tad concerned as my dogs are fairly stupid and wouldn't think twice about retaliation, their dogs were staffies!

After we got them calmed down it was a hoot

Started about 9:00 finish just before 12:00 so ~ 3hrs. It wasn't a fast pace as you know, so could be done quicker if needed.

Back