4.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 517
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 516
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 517
Can't help with dating it, but Spokesmann (Mike) has already seen the post so once he see's the pictures he should be able to help, but I just posted to say its a great looking frameset. Very smart indeed and should build up into a really nice rider.

Jamie

Looks like the Sun Version of the 1967 Carlton Corsair :)

$_86.JPG

$_86.JPG

$_86.JPG

Shaun

Re:

does look very similar, only differancies i can see is thetop of the fork crown on mine is completly flat unlike the raised triangle top on that one no chrome on forks and the head badge rivit hole positioning,one way of telling a sun from a carlton i beleive, but obviously built at the same place proberley by the same frame builders ,like all of them personaly loverly looking bikes :D

Oops, forgot to say thats a cracking looking frame :). Made before the time when the bean counters at Raleigh decided that the Sun brand would be dumbed down :(

Shaun

Re:

t hanks for the kind remarks guys, stripped and painted it myself quite pleased with the results tbh :D most parts have now been sourced and are currently in several stages of being cleaned and polished, couple of questions tho, what size dia seat stem, bottom bracket is it english standard threaded or is it the odd raleigh thread, also ive read somewhere but cant refind it that sun used truwell and (cant remember the proper name) ithink eute tubing besides 531, is there a way i can tell what my tubing is thnx nodster

nodster-

Very nice job on the re-paint and a lovely colour combination. You can tell if the tubing is hi-tensile by looking down the fork steerer. You will see a raised seam with hi-tensile and a uniformly smooth cylinder with 531. Check the chainstays as well. Use a torch to look inside the tubing. If hi-tensile, there will be a seam. Rotate your finger to check along the top of the tube where you otherwise might not be able to see. At this point, you will know if the frame and fork are high tensile or 531. Frame weight will help as well. 531 will come in at about 2,500 - 2,800 gms and hi-tensile will usually be about 700 to 800 gms more. Hope this helps.

Back