Help Identifying 90s Road Frame w. Ritchey Logic Tubing

Reality

Retro Newbie
Hey. I could use some help identifying this frame. Any help would be appreciated. So, distinguishing characteristics:
  • Steel - butted Ritchey Logic (Tange Prestige) tubing
  • Either fillet-brazed or TIG-welded then filed very smooth
  • Ritchey Type 74 drop outs
  • Ritchey Logic Tubing and BB Shell
  • The Ritchey BB Shell is dated Feb1993 (T9302)
  • Two Serial Numbers 150 and 0411
  • older Cinelli-style bridge
  • extended seattube
  • recessed rear brake cable routing in and out on top of the toptube
  • two holes for a badge on the headtube (right higher than left when facing it)
  • very sleek 1" aero fork
  • 27.0-27.2mm seatpost diameter
  • English BB
  • 700c/700c
  • frame and fork weigh about 2.7kg (55cm racing geometry)
I think that it might be a Brodie or a Rocky Mountain. Unlikely that it is a Ritchey, as he almost always integrated the clamp into the seat stays. See pics. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_4788.jpg
    IMG_4788.jpg
    326.2 KB · Views: 42
  • 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    229.9 KB · Views: 46
  • 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    191.9 KB · Views: 43
  • 3.jpeg
    3.jpeg
    184.6 KB · Views: 38
  • 4.jpeg
    4.jpeg
    162.4 KB · Views: 41
  • 5.jpeg
    5.jpeg
    117.9 KB · Views: 37
  • 6.jpeg
    6.jpeg
    145.2 KB · Views: 35
  • 7.jpeg
    7.jpeg
    140.4 KB · Views: 29
  • 8.jpeg
    8.jpeg
    136.6 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Definitely not fillet brazed, the fillets would have to be thicker.
Thick fillets is usually an aesthetic choice. If you haven't seen fillets that thin before, search "Ritchey", "Brodie", "Fat Chance", "Ibis", "Saffron", "Bishop". Not all of their bikes have fillets that thin, but some do. Thanks for trying to help identify the frame though.

Serotta? ibis? Fuquay?
I've looked into Serotta and Ibis without success - I appreciate the suggestions though. I'm not familiar with Fuquay; I thought that was a swearword. I'll check them out. I have seen some very similar Wiliers from the early nineties; made with Logic tubing. I'm waiting to hear back from them on the serial number...

I've looked into Serotta and Ibis without success - I appreciate the suggestions though. I'm not familiar with Fuquay; I thought that was a swearword. I'll check them out. I have seen some very similar Wiliers from the early nineties; made with Logic tubing. I'm waiting to hear back from them on the serial number...

I would assume a Wilier from 1993 would have Italian threads, though having said that my Italian Faggin from 1990 has English thread BB. But most Italian frames from the 90's had Italian BB threads.

The headbadge holes might be your best lead.

I would assume a Wilier from 1993 would have Italian threads, though having said that my Italian Faggin from 1990 has English thread BB. But most Italian frames from the 90's had Italian BB threads.

The headbadge holes might be your best lead.
I went down the "headbadge holes" rabbit hole first - nothing I could find that jives with the tubing and seattube cluster though; particularly as one hole is slightly higher than the other. Makes me think they were added later, specifically to confuse me?!?!?

Plus, I'm guessing that the Wiliers built with Ritchey Logic tubing would have English BBs; since Ritchey never made Italian BB shells. Like the Tange Colnagos.

Last edited:
I went down the "headbadge holes" rabbit hole first - nothing I could find that jives with the tubing and seattube cluster though; particularly as one hole is slightly higher than the other. Makes me think they were added later, specifically to confuse me?!?!?

I doubt the head tube holes were drilled later. They do it before paint prep. But one hole slightly higher than the other is unusual.

I doubt the head tube holes were drilled later. They do it before paint prep. But one hole slightly higher than the other is unusual.
It's definitely not original paint, since it's powder coat, so the holes could have been drilled at any time. The fact that one hole is (slightly) higher than the other indicates to me that it wasn't done by the maker - more haphazard than by design. Oddly enough, it has the type of internal brake cable routing which was patented by GIOS Torino, and GIOS had head badges with the screw holes like this; but it absolutely is not a GIOS. Thanks for the input though.

It's definitely not original paint, since it's powder coat, so the holes could have been drilled at any time. The fact that one hole is (slightly) higher than the other indicates to me that it wasn't done by the maker - more haphazard than by design. Oddly enough, it has the type of internal brake cable routing which was patented by GIOS Torino, and GIOS had head badges with the screw holes like this; but it absolutely is not a GIOS. Thanks for the input though.

Where did you buy it? In UK, America, continental europe?

Back