Style over substance

Re:

Sorry Mr P, but I'm looking for bikes you know aren't great but you want anyway. You choices are too good!

Re:

Bike: Would have to be a Klein Attitude Dolomite from 1990-'92, no suspension, canti brakes, harsh ride on the aluminum frame, but I've never ridden anything that felt as light and nimble (and skittish) since.

Car: Mazda RX7-FC, twin rotor wankel rotary engine, perhaps a litle delicate, but they absolutely scream at high revs :shock: , and the FC's styling is suitably "retro" these days :cool:

Bike a Mountain Machine from the 80's, used a 20" rear wheel to solve the precompact chainset low gearing that we now take for granted. Weird looking as anything and probably harsh as hell on your backside but proper out the box thinking. :LOL:
As I dont drive it'd be a motorbike and thus a Silk 700, a 1970's development of the old Scott twin cylinder water cooled two stroke. Primitive smokey high reving engine in a nice frame with fairing, ah the smell of 2 stroke and blue smoke. Few were made and reliability was always an issue :cool:

Re:

The last Silk ever made, no 136, is currently for sale in Classic Bike magazine - £15,000 to you sir :cool:

Remember reading a review when they came out, might even have it somewhere.

Awesome are they not, rarer than chickens dental records but awesome none the less. As a child on holiday in Yorkshire I witnessed the Scott Flying Squirrel club ringdingding past. Biggest group of one model bike riders I'd ever seen bar a HOG meet. Might be why I like 2 strokes to this day !

I guess this is all very subjective. Kleins of the early 90s variety are in no way 'bad' bikes. For what they are, they excel.

They are race proven, say no more.

So I guess I am going to opt for an S-Bike.

Lovely to look at, but nothing there to make it shine as an off road machine.

I will be predictable with the car, again a Miura.

I would have it fettled ridiculously to make it truly biddable, and would use it every day. No matter how big the chiropractor bill. A love affair I have never grown tired of.

highlandsflyer":3v5kpimh said:
........ and would use it every day. No matter how big the chiropractor bill. A love affair I have never grown tired of.

Well your chiropractor must be a darn sight better looking than mine :xmas-wink:

Re:

Ok todays choices :)

Ritchey Anapurna

Ritchey-Annapurna-Blue-MTB-Bike-01.jpg

And a Breezer Series 1 for good measure

Breezer78_01_Fotor.jpg

A Citroen DS

249dc1ff1d15234402e3c21fd0cad7d8.jpg

Better get an estate for the bikes anaw

5396220532_d2a0e5a19e_z.jpg

A wee 50's hotrod would be nice too though.

There's a guy at my work who collects and restores those Citroens. He particularly likes the British built ones.............yes I know, I was surprised too but yes some of those were Brit built !

Back