Steel or aluminium frame?

Hi sletti / one :) Great posts sletti (just had a good read) nice to meet you :) Couldn't agree more with those who agree with me LOL. "Faithful" and "has NEVER let me down" are just words, until you're stuck 20miles from anywhere with a guffed bike because 1 part has failed. It is a long long walk to civilisation when you mistress fails you because she's not upto the job of a wife LOL. Wives tell you in advance when something is about to go tits up, knowing something so well for so long you get to hear those subtle tones of "trouble is coming" by the missus's body language. Mistresses are fickle and prone to mishaps because they blow up in your face without warning (don't know them well enough to know their limits/faults and how hard to push them).

Sounds like a marriage counsel session LOL. Analogy only my friend from lifes observations ;)

My Faggin has been with me so long and covered so many miles with me that I even know each squeek or whistle of the wind that passes over it. In honesty, "it has never been re-greased, touched, anything except tyre change in 27years and it is no lie that it functions as perfect now as it did the day Keith Coppell gave her back to me". I guess Campagnolo was built to last back in the 80's, and the seals to last a lifetime. I've never regreased because its never needed it. I also guess that guys like Keith use "torque spanners" for the correct fitment of all the parts. I guess you can't beat using a genuine "professional" a time served, long in the tooth, pedantic old but trustworthy Pro :)

Hi one, maybe 1 day I'll find the elusive carbon frame for me :) I'm drawn towards the early TVT/Raleigh dynatech/Vitus carbon tubed alloy joints that are bonded. Have seen some extreme beauties in the last 3 years, especially 1's that where cutting edge in their day. Missed out on a Basso that was both carbon & alu last year. Stunning frame indeed. Maybe 1 day I'll have enough money to get me a carbon job, but it'll have to be fitted with carbon parts ... NO alloy stuff (as much carbon as they make anyways). Later buddy, Laz.

Back