Who’s good/reasonable for paint these days

d8mok

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I’m looking into having my Spooky painted back to satin black but the guy I used to use has now retired.

All the other frames I’ve had done recently have been powder coated so but I want this one painted so I’m looking for recommendations for places in the UK which are good but also not silly money. Ideally not too far from Derbyshire (100 miles max)

Last time I had this painted it was £70 which I’m not expecting. But also I’m not wanting to spend £300+. Ideally about £150-200 for a simple satin black. 32A82DB6-935D-42E2-91C4-2D37F48053AF.jpeg

A cheap price but can be hit or miss, I have one and the paint wasn't allowed to cure before the lacquer so if anything touches it the paint moves and wrinkles. It's a Team Panasonic and Vaz laid the white over blue so it bleeds through, to be honest it's utter crap..☹️ Fortunately I didn't have it done, I bought it with fresh (still wet) paint but needs to be corrected as it's a late 82 SBDU so wrong for year anyway... lucky dip take your chance..🤞
Just thought I should add that my frame was painted by Mario Vaz way back at the start of 2019 so things may have changed..🤔 20190422_181041.jpg

Last edited:
I’ve had lots of bikes painted for both myself and customers. Basically you get what you pay for, cheap paint isn’t good and good paint isn’t cheap!

Latest posts

Back