Who’s good/reasonable for paint these days

i use matt at the Powder shack for powercoat, he did a couple of frames for me a while ago, flip powder paint blue to purple with black stickers with a lacquer, was £185 i think, booked it in, lost if for only 2 weeks, really pleased, frame was ready to assemble on return.

for straight forward jobs i use Blue Whippet paintworks, which is the Rourke cycles paint shop, good value, they did my KilaHonzo, white with stickers supplied by me. good enough for Kona Dream build so good enough for me!

kdb.jpg

kdb1.jpg

thye also did my F.Moser Leader AX

much more complicated paint, it's not perfect, and arguably not the right blue but frankly i think it looks better than the original whic i have a friends frame to compare it to and i think this is better, was about £450 if memory serves
fmoser1.jpg

i have used Fat Creations, but they do charge a lot, it's great work but it's a lot, this is paint by Fat Creations on my Demon, it is perfect though but i think with fat creations you're looking at a minimum of 800 even for basic work and the wait is long.
IMG_0141.JPG

I’ve made contact with Powder shack as he looks exactly what I’m after. Didn’t initially want powder but his work looks good

+1 for Matt at The Powder Shack, did my Bonty Privateer and my Kilauea. Both came back flawless and ready to use, no facing/chasing necessary. The Bonty gets used a lot and it has proved durable. The price was good and turnaround quick, wholeheartedly recommended. :)

Back