Spokes twanging under braking??

trxrincon":38rcmz3a said:
I'll have a look tomorrow but like I say it doesn't twang when the wheel is turning just when I come to a complete stop and there's a bit weight on the wheel.

Now that does sound like it's the spoke tension that needs looking at.

Right I've just been out to the shed and looked at the spacing between the inner spoke and caliper, there seems to be a good 4-5mm space, (if I'm looking at the right place?!) however there is a bit noise coming of the wheel, my friend and I had the pads out at the weekend so will just need centering again. If it helps I'll take a picture in the day light.

Re:

Sure it's the wheel ? Check the pads arent worn down or not seated properly the little springs behind the pads can get bent and catch the rotor

I'm pretty sure it's the wheel, I fitted another wheel and it stopped, I don't think the hub is cracked I've had a good look at it. The pads I'll be changing because they squeal like mad!

Re:

Most strange. Crossroads have the threaded end of the spoke kinked to stop (or limit) the nipple loosening. Perhaps it was a bad un to start with? Is the wheel true?

It seems to run true, I spoke to the guy at my lbs today, he's going to have a look at it on Tuesday for me, I'll report back then.

Back