specialized stump jumper steel in need of tlc

formallykenster

Dirt Disciple
Never been in the mtb section before but I'm looking to see if there's any interest in my old steel stumpjumper. I received this bike off my brother for a very special surprise for Christmas when I was just 15! Early 90 ' s! The forks aren't the original but we're replaced by good quality reynolds steels. He used to race and the complete bike was stolen off someone of his team. The police recovered the frame only and he built it up. Some parts I was very proud owning shimano xt rear and front mech, zoom bull horn bars and stem. The rest were quality parts at the time, classic shark fin chain stay protector. It was kept in very good order by me but I lent it to my good mate who sadly hasn't kept. It in great shape. The frame could do with a respray and has lots of rust showing. It will need new cables all over. The drive train seems to be working fine and smoothly considering. Part of me would like to keep and restore it but realistically I haven't got the time to do what is needed. Plus I road bike now so wouldn't use it. I'd love it if someone else thought they could restore it and make use of her. I just did a quick spin up the road and I felt like a kid again. Any questions please ask I'll get pics loaded up. Thanks Jon

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/3hqmwdet42zd ... LKXG2OYERa

Thanks forgot the price! I really have no idea and I'm looking to give the money top my mate anyway as he's going away longterm with his family to work in northern Australia with the aborigines. How does £115 sound? If that is miles out please let me know. Picture link should with Ok. I can send the rest of the spec later once kids are in bed.

Think I was being optimistic in the price.line I mentioned I really had no idea what to ask. I do know some of the parts are decent. Big price drop now £75

in that condition, I think you might be looking at 40quid max, it needs alot of work and it's a small frame, there maybe a small vintage stumpjumper enthusiast out there, but I think they are getting fewer on the ground..

hurin thank you like I said I had no idea i'm a road biker but take it on board. I'll reduce it to £40 then thanks for your input jon :)

Latest posts

Back