So much for the Highway code etc

Yes, I was in the British Army for 4 years and we did use the term rather a lot. SNAFU was another favourite.

But I think my suggestions could catch on.

Need Another Armenian Female Impersonastor?

I nearly got taken off the other night. Just cleared a small section of parked cars and this car came flying past and swerved right in front of me to turn left into a road missing me by around 1ft
I have decent lights, these people are just total idiots.

Fubar .
Amercian forces slang .

Naafi ...... Your starter for ten
FUBAR is/was also used in computing, especially if you've killed of some installation or OS setup and it's simpler just to start from scratch, never knew where it came from.

SNAFU, that's just a Pokemon character.... probably, sounds like one ;-)

Almost identical thing happened to me last year... I was driving a van at the time !! There's just some real a*seholes on the roads, whether I'm on my bike or driving a motor vehicle.
There was an accident involving a car & cyclist at the end of our street the other day, road was closed most of the evening whilst investigations continued.... it kind of reminded me that things can happen anyplace anytime.

When people ask me why I drive a 2.25 tonne tower block of an SUV I simply refer them to the incidents of the sort you describe above. It's unfortunate to have to do so, but superior firepower seems to be the only way to protect oneself from such chumps.

A sort of motoring Mutually Assured Destruction.

Since the highway code changes my observation is that I still get the same amount of close passes and punishment passes albeit even more close and even more spiteful,but the good folk... the majority in metal boxes now give me so much more pace I feel awkward! The amount of signalling I do to pass me is unreal! Can't wait for all the media hyped balloney to end.....won't be long they'll find something else to bitch on about,potholes hopefully! Might actually unite us all!

Back