So, I'm a Hypocrite! Festive Fuquay FZ1

Re: So, I'm a Hypocrite! Sue me!

Luscious! I love a linkage fork so it would always have been the AMPs for me. Plus they keep it consistent with the rear end.

Love the Box brake levers. BITD (~1997-9:cool: I was freelancing on Cycling Today magazine and I put together a group review on brakes and a set of Box levers was included. I have never been so worried about riding a bike hard as I was while I had those lever on my Torus. I was told if they got damaged or even scratched I'd have to pay for them. £200 RRP!
At the same time, Hope sent me a complete front brake set up; Fatso hub, caliper and lever and said sorry we can't supply a wheel but if you build this hub up into a wheel yourself you can keep the whole lot.

Sorry for the thread hijack.

one_bad_mofo":11nmi8n4 said:
Love the Box brake levers. BITD (~1997-9:cool: I was freelancing on Cycling Today magazine and I put together a group review on brakes and a set of Box levers was included. I have never been so worried about riding a bike hard as I was while I had those lever on my Torus. I was told if they got damaged or even scratched I'd have to pay for them. £200 RRP!
At the same time, Hope sent me a complete front brake set up; Fatso hub, caliper and lever and said sorry we can't supply a wheel but if you build this hub up into a wheel yourself you can keep the whole lot.

Sorry for the thread hijack.

Hey, no worries. Be interesting to see that article if it’s still around somewhere!

Be interesting to see that article if it’s still around somewhere!

I'll have to dig out the magazine and fire up the scanner. Might not happen until the weekend, so don't hold your breath. :)

Back