Slow return on hope brake lever piston.

You only need to have the piston out a bit further than friction material thickness as this is the max it can go.

A cable tie to keep opposing piston(s) in place, then press lever a coule of times.

Re:

Not sure if you already fixed it but I had a similar problem after shorting my brake lines on new hope brakes. Turns out hope bakes require a differ toil than most hydraulic brakes. I used Royal blood mineral oil that I used in my magura brakes. Turns out it made the seals swell up causing the brakes not to return. Can't remember off the top of my head but I think they require dot 5.1. Expensive time consuming mistake! But it's all better now. Just make sure to clean them out real good with brake cleaner and let them dry over now night. I also replaced the contaminated hoses. The seals that I took out had nearly doubled in size

Re:

Thanks, but it wasn't the wrong oil, just the master cylinder seals needed replacing. A quick and easy job once you know how. Got to love hope brakes for their serviceability. Not sure how one can fill a brake with the wrong fluid though, but glad you fixed your mistake.

:D Didn't read instructions (or whats machined into the lever body/cap) and destroyed brakes........ fantastic!

Back