skewers

Must admit I'm a fan of pimpy skewers, running two sets of Ringle Twisters (3DV and red) and one set of original Hope (silver), wanna get a set of Rasta Salsa for my black Bontrager, do rate the old school Shimano LX/DX skewers too though :D

Stu

JS1500":1ot7szud said:
one set of original Hope (silver)

If these are ever for sale... :D

I've been looking for some for a while!

No worries, you'll be first to know if I sell :D

The guy I bought them off said they were Martyn Ashton cast offs, other stuff he had included a couple of well used sets of Coda Magic cranks, Magura spares, damaged Hope hubs galore and a mega scuffed set of red Hope Q/R's so I was pretty convinced he was telling the truth, this was years ago now!

Stu

stu":2zzwlw8e said:
JS1500":2zzwlw8e said:
one set of original Hope (silver)

If these are ever for sale... :D

I've been looking for some for a while!

No worries, you'll be first to know if I sell :D

The guy I bought them off said they were Martyn Ashton cast offs, other stuff he had included a couple of well used sets of Coda Magic cranks, Magura spares, damaged Hope hubs galore and a mega scuffed set of red Hope Q/R's so I was pretty convinced he was telling the truth, this was years ago now!

Stu

Cool :cool:

Cheers!

Think I've still got some American Classics, most probably in my "box of tut that might come in handy one day"

If I recall I had a set of anodised blue but one broke and I acquired a white painted one to replace it.

However they never worked as well as Shimano QRs.

I find that the Shimano skewers are sometimes to big and get in the way of the other doo-dads on the bottom of a suspension fork. Salsa skewers work great, compact, and not Shimano.

Pinguwin

I have been through most of them.
Hopes are my favorites so far. Blingy and no plastic. Not super light but really nice functionally.
Also like M950 xtr.

Latest posts

Back