Site issue?

rosstheboss

Retrobike Rider
I'm not sure if it's my laptop, internet connection, the ads banners or what but I have a bit of an issue recently that seems to stem from RB. Basically sometimes (and it's becoming more often - 3 times last night for example) if I scroll down the page, the top loads and the bottom doesn't - then flash crashes and I have to quit chrome and start again. The reason I am posting this up is that it only seems to affect this site - I can look at loads of other sites without a problem.

Any thoughts? I was wondering if this affected anyone else or if it's just me!

Thanks in advance

I fired up Iron Portable (closest thing to Chrome on my PC, I'm a FF user) and did some browsing across the forums. I don't notice any problems so far, but I'll keep using Chrome for the rest of the evening.

RB itself doesn't use flash as far as I know, so maybe it's one of the ads.

@LGF : Serious? First time I hear that. My CPU is hovering between 0 and 3% usage while browsing, so I don't see anything that could make yours go crazy.

legrandefromage":3h3leill said:
RB is the only site that sends my cpu fan mental

Yes this too.

Not sure if this has anything to do with it, but all the banners graphics are more and more pixellated, which they didn't use to be.

hmm ...

When was the last time you guys cleared your browser cache, cookies, etc ? (be sure to know your passwords before you clear cookies)

I also had an issue a while ago where the animated ads would actually affect the contrast of the screen slightly as well - dipping it up and down as the advert changed! My laptop is a year old i7 with 8gb ram so not underpowered!!

im having the exact same problem as Ross on Chrome, seems fine for 5 minutes then i get the bottom part of the page not loading, just looks checked or is it chequered. I clear my cache, cookies history daily as i like on occasion to look at naked ladies and my wife uses the laptop.

its a pain in the bum, but thought it was just me,

Charlieboy28":tt03gc36 said:
im having the exact same problem as Ross on Chrome, seems fine for 5 minutes then i get the bottom part of the page not loading, just looks checked or is it chequered. I clear my cache, cookies history daily as i like on occasion to look at naked ladies and my wife uses the laptop.

its a pain in the bum, but thought it was just me,

No, I look at naked ladies too!

Latest posts

Back