Show us your...commute.

muddypete

Retro Newbie
The route, rather than the bike.
What's interesting, unusual, surprising, etc. on the mini-adventure that is "the ride to work"?
Photos and destination (nice & simple).
Here's mine: to Milton Keynes on the only day it snowed in winter 2014-15.
Pete

Attachments

• IMG_0999 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_0999 - Copy.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 2,254
  • IMG_1013 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_1013 - Copy.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 2,254
  • IMG_1019 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_1019 - Copy.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 2,254
Re:

Hi! This is halfway point for me between Enfield & Wimbledon – South Bank of the Thames. Having survived battle with buses, black cabs and tipper trucks, it's time for a quick break – coffee, cake and a stroll on the beach. May try to include a few more shots of the route...

Attachments

• southbank oxo tower.jpg
    southbank oxo tower.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 2,221
Re: Re:

groovyblueshed":1vnf7drb said:
Hi! This is halfway point for me between Enfield & Wimbledon – South Bank of the Thames. Having survived battle with buses, black cabs and tipper trucks, it's time for a quick break – coffee, cake and a stroll on the beach. May try to include a few more shots of the route...
#
:LOL: great shot ..

Re: Re:

enc":1mm5ygzk said:
groovyblueshed":1mm5ygzk said:
#
:LOL: great shot ..

Ha, thanks! Several icons in one! Took ages to fix the anti-gravity bike.

muddypete":nlpdp2a9 said:
The route, rather than the bike.
What's interesting, unusual, surprising, etc. on the mini-adventure that is "the ride to work"?
Photos and destination (nice & simple).
Here's mine: to Milton Keynes on the only day it snowed in winter 2014-15.
Pete

I recognize that first photo straight away.

The descent down the side of the railway off Stoke Road outside LB!!

Don't worry I'm not stalking you, I'm from Leighton :facepalm: :LOL:

I commute at most once a week. Here's a shot from one summer evening at the end of a very long (4 hour commute from the mean streets of London via cycle/train and approaching home via a meadow)

Attachments

• commute.jpg
    commute.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 2,006
greencat":sgx55p9j said:
I commute at most once a week. Here's a shot from one summer evening at the end of a very long (4 hour commute from the mean streets of London via cycle/train and approaching home via a meadow)

This is the kind of commute I dream of as I'm hacking through those same mean streets...

Nice Brooks saddle and Sturmey Archer 3speed there too.

I don't think there's a picture that can accurately do this part of the commute justice, but my commute includes Marlow Hill in High Wycombe.

Doesn't look much in the shots, but it's a 44 mph downhill and (for me) about a 4mph uphill on the way back.

I used to do it on a full size folder, now I do it on a Brompton.

Attachments

• IMG_0269.small.jpg
    IMG_0269.small.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 1,953
  • IMG_0272.small.jpg
    IMG_0272.small.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 1,953
Great idea for a thread, well done
Thanks. :)
Don't worry I'm not stalking you, I'm from Leighton :facepalm: :LOL:
Small world! :) There's a surprisingly large amount of decent trails around the concrete jungle of Milton Keynes. You just have to know where to look (usually for the sign that says 'footpath' :D).

Back