Controversial: show us your cargo bikes

Great looking hauler. Unless you need the money I would hold onto it as there will be a time when it gets well used and then times when very rarely, swings and roundabouts. That’s what I found over the years and the way prices are going, be hard to get near replacement costs 🙂

Very much agree with this. My bike trailer spends much of its life in the shed, but blimey when its useful, it's really useful.

I would find space for that 😍
And there in lies the crux of the issue. About a year ago I bought a house with a basement that has plenty of space for a proper shop and more bikes than I could ever possibly need. My collection quickly bloomed. I’ve slowly been selling off the bikes that don’t get used and collecting bikes that will be more than wall art. Although the Batavus is heavy enough that it is more floor sculpture than wall art.

And there in lies the crux of the issue. About a year ago I bought a house with a basement that has plenty of space for a proper shop and more bikes than I could ever possibly need. My collection quickly bloomed. I’ve slowly been selling off the bikes that don’t get used and collecting bikes that will be more than wall art. Although the Batavus is heavy enough that it is more floor sculpture than wall art.
It's gorgeous, if ever you think of selling may I have first refusal please.

Here's my pride and joy, a retro(cargo)bike that i use for work as a signwriter and carting my daughter around. '97 (i think) GT Tequesta and a DIY Cargo kit from Officine Recycle in italy. Extremely nippy and suprisingly close in feel to a regular bike. Shown with a surfboard rack along the side for extra cargo capacity.

Attachments

• IMG_2411.jpeg
    IMG_2411.jpeg
    412.4 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_2897.jpeg
    IMG_2897.jpeg
    417.9 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_3869.jpeg
    IMG_3869.jpeg
    689.3 KB · Views: 35
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Bit of an update, bike now got the front rack on full time with the tern weather top bag (added 45 litres to the 104 litres of capacity i have with the panniers!) and it's now got mudflaps front and rear.
it's going to need a major overhaul in the spring though, 2 years of full time commuting and mobile mechanic work has taken it's toll!🫣

Attachments

• IMG_6810.jpeg
    IMG_6810.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 19

Latest posts

Back