Controversial: show us your cargo bikes

Bit of an update, bike now got the front rack on full time with the tern weather top bag (added 45 litres to the 104 litres of capacity i have with the panniers!) and it's now got mudflaps front and rear.
it's going to need a major overhaul in the spring though, 2 years of full time commuting and mobile mechanic work has taken it's toll!🫣
Took my mate's bike back for him today

Attachments

• IMG_6813.jpeg
    IMG_6813.jpeg
    914.2 KB · Views: 18
I'll join in on the fun.

This is my Bicicapace Justlong school run machine. It was a post lockdown purchase and I put 1000 miles on it quite quickly (even used it for some evening deliverooing for a bit 😳) but has seen less use lately due to baby life and increasing stress/workloads in work. Still love it though.

IMG_20230912_201909077_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Am I allowed to post our tern gsd here? Not long ticked over 8000 miles in the 4 1/2 years we’ve had it. Gets used for camping.
Ferrying v2.0 and his bike around
More camping and bike ferrying
Yet more camping…
And still more…
Superhero travel
https://flic.kr/p/2nsNFSq

Honestly probably the best bike we own. School run and commute weekdays and massive stress reducer in doing so.

Should also add that some of the must haves are a pair of Cyglove bar muffs, a decathlon poncho for the boy if it rains, and a pair of the decathlon over trousers with shoe covers for the rider.
It’s on its second set of wheels, 3rd chain and cassette and cog. Currently I’m using a 17t cog, and a 11-40 cassette.

Am I allowed to post our tern gsd here? Not long ticked over 8000 miles in the 4 1/2 years we’ve had it. Gets used for camping.
Ferrying v2.0 and his bike around
More camping and bike ferrying
Yet more camping…
And still more…
Superhero travel
https://flic.kr/p/2nsNFSq

Honestly probably the best bike we own. School run and commute weekdays and massive stress reducer in doing so.
Love the Tern. Since it has small wheels, it is also welcome here:

Here's my pride and joy, a retro(cargo)bike that i use for work as a signwriter and carting my daughter around. '97 (i think) GT Tequesta and a DIY Cargo kit from Officine Recycle in italy. Extremely nippy and suprisingly close in feel to a regular bike. Shown with a surfboard rack along the side for extra cargo capacity.
That is a sweet setup, great expansion with the ladder hangers!

If any of you people enjoy cargo bike life as much as I do, I'd give THIS Instagram account a look, there is some great stuff being lugged around on bikes there, I'm pretty chuffed that I've been reposted a couple of times after documenting objects that we have been ferrying around on our Bullitt!

Back