Show us what you did today, thread

All the mud stuck to me, that and the heavy wax I gave the old girl, mud falls off. Here is the bike at the end of the run with added mud.

2011-11-06131521.jpg

clockworkgazz":uki2vwji said:
Btw those sniff tyres and curve brakes are shite! :LOL:

Ive been well impressed with 'Mr Dirt' and 'The Cleaner' tyres but to hear your comment about the Kona curve brakes ain't so good cause Ive got a set but Ive not fitted them yet :?

Looks good gazz...furra Kona :twisted: try lubin the cables and changing the blocks, If they are original they will be next to useless. And IMO retro treads just don't work, either old compounds or design.

Look's ace Gazz :cool: , you had a Kona before though :? , was that a Cindercone ?

My fitness is also pretty poor at the moment, have a feeling of piling on the beef too, the Monster energy drink, Dorito's, Orange Club biscuits, Bailey's addictions cant be helping :LOL:

Went for a five mile walk round Paisley earlier so thats a start :)

jimihendrix":36cfpyq0 said:
Went for a five mile walk round Paisley earlier so thats a start :)

Did you walk briskly looking over your shoulder occasionally ready to do a runner if needed? :LOL:

Jimi it was a lava dome albeit a 91/92 model but essentially the same frame I think, sort of regret getting rid of it as they do look so aggressive and lush and yeah, you could be right about the rider ZZ, but the front sniff was way defo more slippy in the mud than other tyres I have tried(but it might not be a mud tyre anyway) and the conti pro at the rear was pretty poor aswell.

The curves look nice but they go out of wack easily (I think the orig curve design was a good one before they mass produced it out of tin foil for Kona) and good call on the pads Mr K, they look like the orig cool stops so could be next to useless- mind you, me and setting up canti brake.......

What I liked about the run today, was I took it easy enjoyed the world as it went by (slowly) and reminded myself why I liked getting muddy- it was your pics ZZ that prompted me to go out- note to self need to get out on the pentlands next year.

Back