Show us what you did today, thread

I'm sure this was worth the inhaled dust :LOL: Finished, well finished but i still need to disassemble it and reinforce areas with glue and screws. Makes sure everything lines up and is square and plumb.
But overall im quite happy with it and no major errors and considerably better than the B&Q effort it is replacing.

Attachments

• DSCF4001 (Custom).JPG
    DSCF4001 (Custom).JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 769
Re:

Wow!
That’s a fine bit of craftsmanship right there. Superb job, must feel pretty satisfying seeing that come together.

Jamie

Out today for a ride into town with Caleb on the Flying Scot tandem.
The weather was nice this morning but rain was forecast so knew we had to head into town before lunch. Needed to speak with Sam in the bike shop and so the destination was set. Glad Caleb was itching for a ride as it meant I could ride in on the tandem. I still haven't stripped it or changed the bars or levers despite them all sitting on the bench.
Anyway just after we left the wind picked up and the sun was soon lost behind the clouds growing darker as time went on.
We still managed a good ride to town, a loop round the harbour and sea front before racing the rain home.
Great to be back out with my wingman. Cold still but a really nice ride.

Jamie

IMG_5089 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_5095 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_5092 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

I can visualise Caleb taking a photo of his sprog with that tandem in a few decades or so.

It's history will be impressive by then.

What a difference a day makes!
Yesterdays ride with my little man on the Flying Scot tandem was cold and pretty bleak for the most part, and then todays ride was in lovely sunshine, though still cold, and to balance it, a pretty strong gusting wind, about 30mph. Today though it was the Super Clubman, the nicest, sweetest ride.
Decided after heading into town yesterday I would head up towards Dunnet Head taking in some nice quiet backroads as well as some of the nice hidden tracks. These are usually no problem for the Jack Taylor when taken with respect but today, while not a real problem were awfully boggy and wet.
Then I turned to head back into the mother of all head winds. I knew it was bad when at the top of Dunnet Head the bike is almost laid over in one of the photos otherwise the wind just flipped it completely over every time I stood back to take a photo.
It was a long slog into it all the way home but still worth it. Tonnes of wildlife about, including a Kite, Buzzards and the usual couple of dozen seals. Early days but Kittywakes and others starting to fill the cliffs. Then it was home to pizza with the family! Lovely day
I am lucky to have these rides on my doorstep especially during lockdown.

Jamie

IMG_5107 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_5109 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_5110 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_5118 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_5150 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_5153 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_5160 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_5167 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_5168 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_5172 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Well not much happening in this thread this week ;)
Lovely weekend and nice dry roads so itching to get out. I had lots to do yesterday and a few things to finish off but as we are still in lockdown and I can't really vary the rides too much after all this time I would vary what I take out. So as I was working on the changing the tandems handlebars I thought, 'I might just throw all the Arabesque stuff back on the Ventoux Flying Scot and take that out. Shouldn't take too long, I had most of the morning to organise as Caleb wanted us all to go and have a picnic at his horse seen as it was such a nice day. It is also the only time he and Heather can leave the yard as they are still shielding. So a plan was hatched that I would build the Flying Scot and I would meet them up there.
..... well, it didn't quite work out as the only thing that was holding me back was I couldn't find the safe place where I had put the top tube cable clamps. I even tried the Dia Compe BMX ones I have in the loft, but no, they were a slightly bigger size. Almost out of time, what will I ride now? I pulled the Mercian King of Mercia tourer out the loft and gave it the once over and thought, it will do.
I ended up riding up to the farm where Calebs tiny pony is and having a nice lunch next to the watering hole with the horses. Afterwards I said to Heather I would take a longer way back but shouldn't be too long. Well the Mercian was riding so nicely, smooth, slick and setup lovely that I spent the next few hours wandering the counties back roads before taking the scenic coastal route home. This one rides really lovely and seems to fit a bit better and the geometry suites nicely as well. Oh well, maybe I painted the wrong Mercian ;)
As it was I made it home to set up the pizza oven once again for a lovely dinner with the family. Think I am ready to face another week now.
Hope you all had a nice weekend and hopefully had some nice weather.

Jamie

IMG_5188 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_5201 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_5204 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_5229 (2) by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_5235 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_5239 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_5251 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_5263 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_5248 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_5237 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Hey! I'm back from the dead, without actually having been dead. Apologies to anybody who is dead.

Bike building has taken a back seat for a while (9 years?!), but I'm feeling twitchy again, and pining for an adventure, and to commune with the clan. Here's a picture from Orkney on Sunday, plenty of big old stones to shelter your bike behind from the wind.

Cheers
Steven

JXYphO9sdciSaCTzuWRAOufEEUvTWIRtuTL0fq4wRhw-1520x2048.jpg

https://www.strava.com/activities/4866091651

Back