Show us what you did today, thread

Well after yesterdays trip south and fabulous Fatbike ride I had some chores to do this morning before heading out with the family for a socially distanced lunch at a local cafe. The weather was a bit nicer with the rain stopped I did mange to get the Pugsley washed, greased and oiled and put away before heading out and when I returned I thought I better hook up the lights from Planet X and take them on a test ride on the Long Haul Trucker, in the interests of safety of course. These may become my new commuting lights rather than use my Trouties for commuting.
So just a short late afternoon ride of an hour and a half up around the backroads towards Thurso. The lights work fantastically well and give a great spread of light. Highly recommend. Trucker was a pleasure to ride and like the Pugsley it has been about a month or so since I last rode it as I have been giving the Jack Taylor a fair workout lately, but the Trucker is my modern do it all and do it nicely ride. So comfortable and fits like a glove. Just coming on for 10 years since I built my Trucker and it's done some work over that time and still love riding it. :)

Jamie

IMG_4426 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_4424 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_4430 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_4445 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_4451 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Re: Re:

JRGSXR":ou128jjj said:
Mmmmm I’ve been down that hole a few times on previous builds, not sure I’m ready to venture in again just now. Plan A sounds good to me though. Once over, sort out the few issues that annoy me, ride, enjoy.

As long as the forks are fine, change the saddle, pedals, bars and stem and I reckon you’re good to go. Not much to gain on the upgrade front.

Re:

Early start this morning to drop the daughter at work, then decided to have a change from the usual Saturday morning ride and headed to Tarland , near Ballater, theres a small section of man made trails with a pump track too.
Spent a few hours riding the trails there (theres only 3!) And had a blast on the pump track, finally started getting the hang of riding the pump track, which I think helped me get a personal best on the Blue trail which is quite flowy and being on a rigid Singlespeed I had to carry speed as best I could!

Then this afternoon I tackled a particularly stubborn bottom bracket that I'd already soaked in penetrating fluid for a few days, tried heat on it, tried my breaker bar + extension and managed to strip the teeth on the cup :roll: but it finally succumbed to a combined attack from a Dremel and a hammer and chisel :LOL:
Fortunately the replacement bottom bracket went in without any problems :)

And.... I finally got around to finishing the build of my All-Terrain-Touring Bike, just needed cabling up and adjusting, so I'll take it out for a ride tomorrow and see how it rides...

Attachments

• VideoCapture_20201212-105708-01.jpeg
    VideoCapture_20201212-105708-01.jpeg
    290.7 KB · Views: 233
  • 20201212_143237.jpg
    20201212_143237.jpg
    1,000.4 KB · Views: 233
Re:

Excellent news regarding the bottom bracket - agreed, victory is sweet! :xmas-big-grin:

I've been perambulating around on this thing for over a week as my car's in t'workshop....

Attachments

• 60188179_2748299888576459_7643400151595220992_n.jpg
    60188179_2748299888576459_7643400151595220992_n.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 209
It’s pouring down here, so I’m leisurely dismantling my last Surly Pugsley before it goes to it’s new home giving me some space in the garage so I can finish my 1x1 build and start my coaster braked Karate Monkey hooligan bike build...

Attachments

• BA22F9B1-F803-417C-A24E-A41ACF44A44A.jpeg
    BA22F9B1-F803-417C-A24E-A41ACF44A44A.jpeg
    392.1 KB · Views: 207
Re: Re:

Mr Panda":3ppvyjnn said:
Excellent news regarding the bottom bracket - agreed, victory is sweet! :xmas-big-grin:

I've been perambulating around on this thing for over a week as my car's in t'workshop....

Still maintain that Saracen made some cracking bikes for the money. :D

Back