Show us what you did today, thread

Jamiedyer":11q5gayl said:
Needed to make some space at the front of the loft to start getting boxes down and thought I better clear one section at a time. Upper beams at the back first!
Just a few of what was lurking!
My god! I'm becoming Brian :shock:

Jamie

Not bothering with the vintage frame sale in Dalry then?

:D

I am actually awaiting photos of a nice Hetchins from Steve at Dalry ;)
There is some very nice frames for sale there.
Yourself? As most are more your size than mine? Thought you might be tempted at another project while on the road to leg fitness :)

Jamie

Re:

No more for me the noo - plenty to deal with already. Fitness remains an issue at the moment and the ice season is upon us......got a pair of armoured shorts after my icy spill a couple of years ago =D Going over to Oban shortly so will hopefully get a few laps of Loch Creran to test the leg out :xmas-big-grin:

Re:

Thanks
There’s a couple more to go before I can get to the bikes :)
Just clearing the loft.

Jamie

You have to admit Jamie when you study those frames, the detail of their construction is really lovely. I've always liked the fancy lugs due to the point it always made on hand crafting.

They're art really. As far as quality is concerned, the better bikes from the Raleigh group were equally good - not that I would have admitted it back then. :)

And some makers such as Dawes would even build to a custom order. What I remember about them was the frames were always bang on for alignment when they came in to the shop, and the wheels were true. (We always checked them anyway.)

On a slightly different note, today was GFBD that's Global Fat Bike Day.
This magical of magic days is always the first Saturday of December, no choice, so bikes must be readied and ridden regardless of weather.
And so it was that Brian and I headed out on the Loch More Altnabreac loop in the cold rain and wind for our Fatbike ride today. We didn't complete the loop as found it slightly less windy and exposed to stay in the tree line and explore a few different trails. All were wet and muddy with a few big puddles here and there. Not surprising considering it has been raining solidly for most of the week. We were out for most of the afternoon and though we were well outfitted for it, it still would have been nice for it to stop for a while. I think we might well have been inspired after attending Lee Craigies film and talk on Thursday night in Dingwall. ;)
I was on my Pugsley and Brian was on his Carbon framed, wheeled beast best known for the most number of flats in a Puffer race, though all that was behind him today as he fitted tubes and never had a problem, so thankfully he is back with being enamoured with it and so a reprieve has saved it from the great cull of 2019.
For me, well after mucking about trying to find a PC1 joining link and then when on the track I had the rear wheel start slowing me down like someone had pulled the brake I came to a stop to see the backing pad fall out of the rear BB7 with no material attached at all, they had parted ways. So rather than turn back I rode on just using the front brake, which was pretty easy really as there were no big hills and the wetness of the dirt slowed you down pretty quick once you stopped pedalling.
All in all another great ride out for GFBD.
Cheers for coming up Brian.

Jamie

IMG_2228 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_2230 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_2234 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_2236 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_2239 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_2240 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_2247 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_2254 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_2258 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Back