Show us what you did today, thread

Re:

Hi all
Hope everyone has had a decent weekend and had a bit of the sunshine that is rumoured to be leaving for a while so winter can return for a bit. I hope they're wrong with that forecast, I really do.
Just a few hours out along the coast and up to Dunnet Head just to keep the legs turning as I have been pretty busy with non bike matters this weekend. Though I did do some work getting the Mercian stripped down properly as it should be heading off to get repainted any day now. I also had Friday off with Caleb as he has been off school with Chicken Pox all week. So needed to be around home.
Had some heavy clouds blowing through most of the day with a few showers falling though I could see them coming with enough warning I could change course and avoid easily.
I Really am enjoying riding the Jack Taylor for these unhurried rides, it's such a relaxed riding machine though still quite responsive which makes it a really sweet handling, comfortable bike on these rough uneven back roads. This is with it still being cobbled together with the Dura Ace stuff which will make it all the sweeter once it has it's nice purpose fitted components more suited to it's style of riding.

Hope everyone else has had a nice weekend too.

Jamie

IMG_0578 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_0580 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_0587 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_0584 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Re:

Awesome photos as ever Jamie, with scenery like that I'd be in no hurry for the ride to end either.

Re: Re:

Mr Panda":1od3ra3u said:
Good for Caleb - I'd chickenpox in my late 30s - nasty stuff!

:shock:

Yeah, consensus seems to be to get it over and done with when quite young. He was a trooper as they were quite bad but well on the mend today.

Jamie

Re:

i got the chickenpox in cyprus 2001 when in my 30's, nae sun, sea etc for 2 weeks.!

on the plus side i was still signed off when 911 attacks happened and was watching it unfold realtime as they say :shock:

Re:

Well, if it's chickenpox story time here's mine.

Got chickenpox as a bairn like most of us. Then in my early 20s got shingles, caused by the same chickenpox virus. Feck me that was painful.
Fast forward to my late 30s, had splitting headache, very stiff neck, didn't sleep for 3 days/nights. Kinda guessed it was meningitis, ended up in same hospital that my wife then girl-friend works in. It was viral meningitis, again caused by the chickenpox virus. Headache ended instantly as soon as doctor did a lumbar puncture of my spinal fluid to get sample to check out whether it was viral or bacterial meningitis. Was in an isolation ward on my tod for a week, jeez I was feckin' bored. Took weeks to get any strength/stamina back. A bit like how it feels now being feckin' auld. :mrgreen:

keithyr":37d4edjd said:
or the short version "ah jist went in to see if a doctor would stick a finger up ma erse"

And there ye have it, Keith's latest deposit in his wank bank. :shock:

Jamie, apologies for detracting from your, as usual, good ride story complete with great pics.

Back