Show us what you did today, thread

Similar type theory to the tilting/leaning but much more basic in it's operation. You just basically take the tension off the mounts :shock:

Jamie

Decided it was time to put the mountain into mountainbiking

Ben Wyvis close up. Doesn't look so big from this height (about 1,500 feet)

Everyone loves deer fences, don't they? Hike a bike time.

Tombs of the ancestors - chambered cairn

Looks a beautiful ride, you'll definitely have to show me up there next time.
You also had the best of the weather as we had rain for most of the day, where you look like summer still :)

Jamie

Re:

:roll: I can only dream of that scenery but im glad to have my regular riding partner around the beautiful Hertfordshire trails.

Attachments

• FC496120-EF91-425F-A7AA-F4E8A4DC9E8D.jpeg
    FC496120-EF91-425F-A7AA-F4E8A4DC9E8D.jpeg
    77.4 KB · Views: 268
epicyclo":32xk9oc1 said:
Decided it was time to put the mountain into mountainbiking

Looks like more mountain than biking from the photos! I must get up Ben Wyvis at some point, having spent a ridiculous number of decades looking at it... I was up Morven two weeks ago myself and was dying for a bike during the long trudge in - certainly couldn't have got it anywhere near the summit though and going on past experience of leaving a bike in an "obvious" place when hillwalking I'd probably have wasted an hour looking for it on the way back!

What drivetrain do you have on that bike?

ajm":38h466d2 said:
What drivetrain do you have on that bike?

whatever you do, don't mention the word (hand over mouth making loud coughing sound) d*raill*ur... :facepalm:

Brian is proper hardcore, like Jamie, but older... so it'll be single speed I'd imagine! ;)

velofrog":33tx4r5l said:
whatever you do, don't mention the word (hand over mouth making loud coughing sound) d*raill*ur... :facepalm:

I was fairly confident there wouldn't be one of those involved! However...

epicyclo":33tx4r5l said:
Single speed. Middleburn cranks and Surly rear cog.

I thought it looked like there were two rear cogs on there but couldn't see any means of switching between them, which is why I was asking. Did my eyes deceive me or is the other there but just unused?

Either way I'm not sure how you're still walking, three speeds are mostly enough but one is definitely madness! Mind you, with only one speed I think I'd spend more time walking than riding anyway...

There could very well be 2 cogs on there. That wheel was on another bike not so long ago and it was set up as a dingle speed.

If there's room on the hub that's what I do, then if I want to change ratios I don't have to go looking for where I left the other cog. :)

But I am getting old and frail now, so I had to use 3 speeds to ride up to Thurso with Jamie a couple of months back. And just as well I did because Jamie attracts headwinds.

S-A 3 speeds are good, they'll get you anywhere worth going - like this

epicyclo":3kms3y2n said:
But I am getting old and frail now, so I had to use 3 speeds to ride up to Thurso with Jamie a couple of months back. And just as well I did because Jamie attracts headwinds.

It could be worse, you could be riding with a guy like Thorn boy ;)

Jamie

Back