Show us what you did today, thread

Well done Jim :cool: Save cash on a new one, canny go wrong there.

Fitted a new stem today. Trying to gain height and avoid the stretched out position for something more favourable to my back :LOL: Always that 6'3" problem. Long arms/legs.

I think looking at it its a bit odd. But im only ever used to 110/120mm 10d rise and this is 70mm and 25 degree. Prior to this it was a purple ano thompson @90mm x 0 degree
Trying to find a purple hope stem exactly right is nigh on impossible. And Hope themselves seem to be fazing longer stems out.

Any thought how this is going to ride ?, I've stil brakes to do so cant ride yet. Deffo not use to such a steep short stem. :?

:)

Attachments

• DSCF2350 (Custom).JPG
    DSCF2350 (Custom).JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 595
Re:

I'm finding that I don't get on with the whole retro "long stem/narrow bars" thing these days. I fitted a short high rise stem and riser bars to the Zaskar and have to say I love it! I'm doing similar to the Orange as well.

And whilst Im happy I fixed the bike pump it's just a shame I didn't fix it out on the bloody trail when I had a puncture! :facepalm:

Plenty of choice there, but alas no purple hope :( Sorry, you know what im like. Hope or no. :oops: But those are handy in finding the size on any given project.

Ill find out sooner rather than later, but I reckon the new position might be a help. Shame theres just not longer @25d. even 90mm with a 2" riser would just lift me up and back a bit.

Re:

Personally I use trials stems in 30-40 degree rises often between 100mm - 150mm. I admit it looks ungainly even fugly but it means my back and neck can cope better.

Re:

Who gives a feck if folk think it's fugly, there's no point in the bike being uncomfortable to ride, you've made it fit you, that is the most important thing here.

What I will say is dyna's bike looks like the classic heid doon, erse up position, with the seatpost so far out the frame. If that is where it needs to be to fit you, might I suggest the frame is on the small side for you which is causing your uncomfortable position. A bigger frame would bring the position of the bars more in line with where the saddle needs to be to accommodate your long legs. So is the saddle in your riding position, dyna?

This is a 20 1/2" C-C with a 23 3/4" top tube (C-C) I dont think its about the size, as 20 1/2" is fairly large, more my odd shape of long arms/legs.
So as a result I've always adopted the streched out position, mainly for fit. Just these more modern, everything seems reversed, tall bars, lower saddle. These days I'm opting for comfort if I can get it. And the bottom line is im desperate to keep this frame up and running.
The claud I use all the time is 23" C-C Top tube and S/tube is 21 1/2".

@OCP
About usual aye, but i feel 1/2" forward as im always sliding myself back on it.

Back