Show us what you did today, thread

Minifreak":vnxw9x6o said:
The History Man":vnxw9x6o said:
RobMac":vnxw9x6o said:
Have you taken your meds today?

So your saying you can't see it?

I pity you.

Bottom pic, looks better if you don't zoom in, I can see it too :shock:

och lads, come one, it's just "The Face Tree", EVERYONE round here knows about "The Face Tree", very popular spot locally....... you should see the root structure on it........

:LOL: :LOL:

Attachments

• root.jpg
    root.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 311
Out today for a few miles around the coast on the Big Dummy.
I didn't see any women in the trees, but that because we don't really have any trees up here, but I did see some birds in a bush ;)
While still waiting on the flight deck and seat for Caleb along with the U Tubes, the sort of side running boards, I changed/modified a few things to set it up more for us. I also changed out a few nuts and bolts and serviced everything as I don't think it had seen any use for a quite a while and I don't think it's seen any hard use. A few set up bugs to iron out with running the Fat gear on it. I don't think it's seen more than a couple of rides in the park type thing since putting this stuff on. I swapped the bars out for my tried and true H bars, swapped the ridiculously short faceplate bolts on the Hope stem for something slightly longer, bit of gear fiddling etc.
Then it was off for a couple of hours to see how it went. There was a bit of tweaking on the go as there was a few rattles and squeaks, but otherwise pretty well pleased so far. I may need to gear the Alfine a bit lower for loaded climbs but that's about it really. It worked fine today but wasn't loaded really, though it wasn't any worse when I went back out this afternoon with Caleb. This time I put the Mary bars on the back for him, though when his seat comes I will more than likely fit a set of bars that sweep back more so he can sit slightly further back.
I did a good bit of off road and only really turned back when it got a bit too wet and muddy, rode really nicely.
That's the thing it really does ride just like a normal bike and you only really notice the weight on the climbs, but the tarmac climbs were to expected to be a slog, especially running a low pressure Endomorph fatbike tyre on the front :LOL:
Everything worked as it should once set up and shakedown. It's a nicely working setup with Alfine 8 speed, Hope rear hub on the front, Middleburn cranks, Hope Mini Mono brakes, Hope stem and Thompson post, clamp etc.
Back out this afternoon with Caleb, just on the road this time but it rides really nicely with the weight on the back. You don't notice it at all with regards to handling, only a bit of weight on the climbs, and to be fair, the bulk of the extra weight that I am noticing over a standard Dummy is down to the Alfine, and Fatbike wheels and tyres. Compared to the Trucker which rode nicely with his seat on it, its far more stable, the weights lower and due to the very long wheelbase it is carried well inside it, so there is no noticeable weight change on the front, sweet, so will be great for touring next spring. After the winter I will fit it with 2.5'' Marathons as I have the original forks to go back on. The Fat would just be too hard work for the more serious miles, just good fun for winter. Its a heavy beast but as long as your not in a rush it's all good fun.
Hope you all had good weather and managed to get a ride in.

Jamie

DSCN3100 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

New cockpit, work in progress
DSCN3125 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

DSCN3101 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

DSCN3102 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

(can see the stoker stem for Calebs bars)
DSCN3110 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

DSCN3111 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

DSCN3115 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Bars fitted and back out for a quick ride before the sun goes down
DSCN3128 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Back