Show us what you did today, thread

firedfromthecircus":9u9lne64 said:
epicyclo":9u9lne64 said:
Just wondering what gearing you are running on this Brian seeing as it is your 'road' bike?

44/19

Works about right in the Highlands for me (bear in mind I'm old and frail :) ). Managed to ride it up Braemore on a Ullapool to Dingwall ride the other day.

I think theres gears hidden somewhere on that thing, either that or Brian has Bionic legs ;) Even when we toured across Orkney last year he was unstoppable.
cool devoted singlespeeder for sure :)

Jamie

Still have a plan for building a Big Dummy for touring with Caleb as its easier than hauling his trailer around, but as usual other things are eating any budget we had so the Dummy has been delayed for the short term. So today I got down out the loft his tag a long that dave (theken) had given us a few years ago for him when he was older. Well after we had sorted a few bits and also serviced Heathers bike that had been in use at her dads for a few years we decided to go for a ride and see how they both went. It was actually a very short ride as it was gale force winds, and dodging hail showers but all went well and he loved it. He had tried it once before but it was needing going over and a few things tightened so it was really tippy and he wasn't keen, but now he's a bit older and more confident he seems to have really taken to it. Thanks Dave.
He was well wrapped up as it was freezing. Even though it was after dinner I had to take him as he was so excited to try it again.

Jamie

The truth is revealed if you look closely. Caleb is a singlespeeder, and he's pushing his elderly geared dad along.

New sport - Kidjoring?

He is a singlespeeder, his little Sun Raleigh has only 1 gear and this tag a long has only a singlespeed cog on the back. It also has a deliberatly missing chain in this pic ;)

Jamie

firedfromthecircus":3l04iz4f said:
So not only is he single speed but he uses the force instead of a conventional roller chain! :shock:

Legend. :mrgreen:

Watch out Jamie, don't let Caleb near a light sabre, he's Darth Vader! :)

Back