Show me your URT's

Wow. what a contraption. Mantra+Girvin+ suicide Spinerys. I love it.

Funny, my first thought when I got the mantra frame was, to build it with a Girvin fork. That carbon leg titanium spring version. But I just was not able to find one.

Re:

My selection of URT's, all Orange X1's in various guises and build states etc. Great to ride, loved mine at Mountain Mayhem a few years back, returning in 2017 with my X1 maybe even my X1RS :D

Love em :D

Attachments

• X1%202.jpg
    X1%202.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 619
  • IMG_4645.jpg
    IMG_4645.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 619
  • IMG_5610.jpg
    IMG_5610.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 619
Sure, a URT rides differently to the modern virtual pivot stuff and are pretty much obsolete these days...but isn't that why we're on this forum in the first place?

Here's my selection, not adding much, but with some linkage fork loveliness for interest:

Ibis Szazbo:
P8140881.jpg

Klein Mantra Pro:
IMG_8408.jpg

And currently in bits: Breezer Twister

Of those, I prefer the ride of the Szazbo, but the Klein stops the traffic....

Also a couple more obsolete almost URTs:
Klein Palomino
GTSTS-1000 I-drive

All the best,

Re:

danson your Ibis is beautiful and you'te right it is the reason some of us are here... You only have to see some of my ridiculous bikes to see that.

al.

Re:

No... I don't like that.

Sorry to whoever owns it, but not my thing.

Please don't stop posting stuff for me to perv over though... I'm an old man with needs.

al.

Bringing this back. Why not add my inputs here.

My preferred pedaling style includes lots of out of the saddle mashing, ala SS style, so I find these URTs to be very efficient, at the expense of less plush descending.

Between my Schwinn Homegrown and Ibis Szazbo, the Ibis pogos more, as you can see the pivot is higher up than the HG and slightly further back; and seated suspension gives more pedal feedback on the Ibis, i.e. more swingarm rotation around that pivot.

All in all they're both hardtail-like when out of the saddle cranking, which I prefer. Cheers :)

Attachments

• Capture33.JPG
    Capture33.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 226
Back