Shonkjumper No Moar! Macretro 1990 Stumpjumper

ZZ thats looking superb, please don't put a riser on. Are you going full DX?

If your interested I have some spesh cranks/rings and skewers which would all be right* for this build.

*Kinda.

Not sure about the flex stem either tbh. I like the way it smooths everything out, but it look's pretty ungainly. Going period XT on the drivetrain and shifters, headset is the only thing that's DX, so it is a bit of a departure from standard spec.

Kaiser - I've got a set of 730 cranks that I'm going to polish up, but they're 170 rather than 175, and I'm not sure what effect (if any) that's going to have when it comes to pedalling. Wotcha got? As you know, not hugely worried about period correctness, as long as they look right...

That looks quality , coming along nicely ! The flexistem doesn't look too out of place. :D

Woody":3fdpcxkq said:
That looks quality , coming along nicely ! The flexistem doesn't look too out of place. :D
Aye it's not too bad, a black one might blend in better though - going with a black seatpost too, so that might work.

Looking great so far :cool: , regarding the cranks i've always thought short cranks are for shorter riders/smaller frames, maybe wrong though, i rode my Manitou with a 170 on one side and a 175 on the other and i could'nt feel the difference :LOL:

man wish I had kept that bike, that is going to look mighty fine!

The flexstem does smooth out the trail buzz a bit but it got on my goat after a whike, kinda weird you moving rather than the bike.

I'll bring a couple of bits to Ae, see what you think.

How did you know :D

DSC_2936.NEF.jpg

DSC_2937.NEF.jpg

Bike took the Pentlands in its stride tonight, it was the rider that let it down. Still got a few niggling things to sort out, mostly brake related :oops:

Back