Shipping small part from US to UK

Thanks for all the suggestions so far.

Long tory short I was browsing eBay for brakes for a build Im working on. I had originally wanted mk2 Hope Mini's in silver but remembered the older XTR brakes were also silver as well as lighter and more sleek looking. I found a listing for a single M985 brake in virtually new condition for a ridiculously cheap price and added it to my watch list. 2 days later the seller drops me an offer knocking £15 off the already low price. So I had to take up the opportunity thinking it would be easy to find it a partner. After trawling the net for days and even emailing bike shops in the us I was about to give up. Then a nice fella from worldwide cyclery in the US suggested trying US eBay, but still I couldn't find one. So as a last resort I went to pinkbike's buy/sell section and changed my search criteria to USA/Canada and boom, there's a right handed lever M985 brake in immaculate condition. The chap was reluctant to ship to the UK so I arranged to ship to my buddy in LA. Now the saga to get it here begins! Either way it will be worth it. Wish me luck!

Last edited:
Back