Gold Trader
Specialized Fan
Feedback
View
Original Shimano POWER BRAKEs for sale.

£100 plus postage.

SOLD

Some info here:

From the 1960s to 1970s, in Japan, leisure sports became popular, and cycling, in particular, became the rage. Under such circumstances, a brake system that anyone could use with peace of mind was expected. Normal brake systems at that time adopted a mechanism in which power was transmitted from the right and left brake levers to the front and rear calipers using wires, which is the same as the present mainstream brake system; however, at that time, power transmission efficiency was poor, making it difficult for the rider to control the brakes. To solve this problem, Shimano developed POWER BRAKE, which was a hydraulic brake system in which the front and rear calipers were operated by stable power distribution using one brake lever, and released it in 1969. Although this system had the great advantage that powerful braking control was possible with little force, it did not become widespread due to cost and technical reasons. POWER BRAKE, which was quick to adopt a hydraulic brake system, was an epoch-making product; however, hydraulic brake systems were not popularized until disc brakes for mountain bikes became widespread in the latter half of the 1990s.

In great condition for their age but could probably benefit from a bleed.

Any questions fire away.

Cheers

Attachments

• 835BE180-C608-4EA5-ABC6-819ACD4481DA.jpeg
    835BE180-C608-4EA5-ABC6-819ACD4481DA.jpeg
    125.9 KB · Views: 60
  • 73962C6C-AD94-49F5-B9B1-8747AF4ED751.jpeg
    73962C6C-AD94-49F5-B9B1-8747AF4ED751.jpeg
    91.4 KB · Views: 57
  • DB61CF00-BD0A-44E0-AC4E-455D55CF8D23.jpeg
    DB61CF00-BD0A-44E0-AC4E-455D55CF8D23.jpeg
    102.5 KB · Views: 53
  • EDA49AF9-B63A-4B11-AAE2-29ACFD55D050.jpeg
    EDA49AF9-B63A-4B11-AAE2-29ACFD55D050.jpeg
    89.6 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Hi there, this looks a recent post, do you still have these? I'm in NZ, been to UK postage by Royal Mail could be a bit steep but if recent and you still have them I'm interested to buy these and try getting them over to NZ.
Please let's know, not sure if allowed to post email addresses, mine is olwal@yahoo.com
Thank you.

Hi there, this looks a recent post, do you still have these? I'm in NZ, been to UK postage by Royal Mail could be a bit steep but if recent and you still have them I'm interested to buy these and try getting them over to NZ.
Please let's know, not sure if allowed to post email addresses, mine is olwal@yahoo.com
Thank you.
Hey that should be fine I’ll pm you

Original Shimano POWER BRAKEs for sale.

£100 plus postage.

Some info here:

From the 1960s to 1970s, in Japan, leisure sports became popular, and cycling, in particular, became the rage. Under such circumstances, a brake system that anyone could use with peace of mind was expected. Normal brake systems at that time adopted a mechanism in which power was transmitted from the right and left brake levers to the front and rear calipers using wires, which is the same as the present mainstream brake system; however, at that time, power transmission efficiency was poor, making it difficult for the rider to control the brakes. To solve this problem, Shimano developed POWER BRAKE, which was a hydraulic brake system in which the front and rear calipers were operated by stable power distribution using one brake lever, and released it in 1969. Although this system had the great advantage that powerful braking control was possible with little force, it did not become widespread due to cost and technical reasons. POWER BRAKE, which was quick to adopt a hydraulic brake system, was an epoch-making product; however, hydraulic brake systems were not popularized until disc brakes for mountain bikes became widespread in the latter half of the 1990s.

Any questions fire away.

Cheers
Still avail?

Or postage if possible to singapore would be good if not to dn20 9nn i can send it back myself when i get there in may 😂

Latest posts

Back