Serious advice needed about frame choice

IMO titanium is the ultimate material to build a bike from and the ride can be quite sublime

In this situation though I'd have to say I'd go with the slightly heavier but more comfortable bike....doesn't matter how fit you are, if your back is killing you it's going to be difficult to make any progress!

I speak through experience with this after changing to a shorter Charge duster which isn't exactly light but I can ride it all day comfortably!

Good luck with it....steel is real

Hi,

I was suffering from back pain and found that moving the seat forwards sorted the problem. Is your seat correctly positioned?

Cliff

The answer to your question is of course Titanium, but you already knew that :)

I think that you're asking the wrong question though, if I was suffering with back pain after a ride, I would be asking if a lightweight hardtail/rigid bike was right for me. I'd rather take a hit on my retro chin and buy myself a nice comfortable FS bike that allows me to continue riding into my old age than stubbornly ride a bike that knackered my back and stopped me riding in the long term.

What do you term a 'serious ride'? big miles or hard climbing etc?

but....my back is hurting like hell after a serious ride (getting old ).

Do you use a Camelback?.......if so loose it :twisted:

I've gone back to bottles and a saddlebag on my Retro bikes......and my back thanks me for it :D

Back