Withdrawn Selling a Dynatech - can I 'do it' this way?

TreaderSteve

Senior Retro Guru
I've got a Dynatech in the shed which I'll never use as it's too small. It needs to go, but to the right home - it needs to stay together.
I quite like the idea of 'first dibs', but is it acceptable to list said beauty (it's near time-warp) with a firm price (of course) but take a list of names who'd take it. I then pick a name out of the hat and they're the lucky winner? Been done before like this?
It needs to go to a Dynatech lover, but I'm putting myself in the shoes of someone who really wants or needs something only to log-on to RB in the evening having been at work maybe to find that their specific item of desire has been listed, dibsed and since sold!
It won't go on Ebay or be broken by me. The groupset could soooooo go on my 91 Explosif, but I can't bring myself to as it's so nice.
Objections? Thumbs-up as OK?

Last edited:
Tell me more Steve. What size is it? And I want to see pictures before throwing my name in, obviously.

Rules and guidance for classified ads are in the sticky below (if you're on the mobile version )

It's a Mission in I think an 18" size. Only things 'off' with it are skinnier tyres and a fat seat. Without being sexist, I can imagine hubby, in 1991, the bike fanatic, bought it for the Mrs so she could get involved. She didn't like the fat tyres, so he got her some skinnier ones. She didn't like the seat so he got a wide one. She still didn't like it so it went in the garage - hardly used really.
Reflectors are in place, with a wash, polish and re-grease it would be a stunner. I've got a VGC Vetta Lite saddle coming from the States which could be purchased separately by the owner if they need it. The bike deserves it. Just needs some tan-walls after that.
Anyway, just to see if my idea is acceptable. Without dibs!
If so, it'll be on here in the next couple of weeks time permitting - got a helluva lot of soil and rock moving to do in the next couple of weekends first as her indoors wants the patio finished....by the end of April...

i put a bike up for free a few years ago, had some interest, and a PM from someone local for pickup. The entire PM was some thing like;

" hiya what's your address mate I'll have it"

They turned up, said 'Fanks mate' and disappeared.

I don't know why, but I expected a bit more from someone on here and just left a weird taste in my mouth, True story.

It's your bike, sell it however you wish.

Like already mentioned it is your bike so up to you how you sell it. You do need to remove the for sale tab though and get this moved to the chat section otherwise it needs a price.

OK fair enough - I've just worked out that I can change to 'withdrawn'. I'll resurrect the thread maybe when it goes live, or create a new thread.
I know it's only a Mission, but it's such a good example.

My mate had a mission, I loved it, he moved away to the Middle East and I think his folks sold it - I was gutted, I’d have loved it! I’d be keen to know when this goes up for sale

Absolutely you can do it like that, it has been done before.
Some places do it on purpose to stop the log in all the time brigade (erm like me) from having an advantage over the weekenders or evening people have a chance.

So it up to you.

Call it a 'Fair Chance Policy' :)

Back