Sold 1991 Raleigh Dynatech Odyssey - Frame/fork package £140 *SOLD*

boy"O"boy

Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
Hi all.

I'm offering my restored 1991 Raleigh Dynatech Odyssey for sale.

I've seen something I'd like to go for but lack of space necessitates something has to move on.

I haven't used the Odyssey since I restored it....and since the 1989 Stumpjumper Comp didn't sell, I've been using that as a rider (and thoroughly enjoying it!)
This has sat as a showpiece in the mancave. Build thread here -

20220911_170524.jpg
20220911_171021.jpg 20220911_170734.jpg
20220911_170811.jpg
20220911_170640.jpg
Build spec is -
- Raleigh Dynatech 2070 frame (Equivalent to Reynolds 653 main tubes/ 531 stays)

- Rockshox Mag21 holding air. New dust seals
(Also comes with rigid straight blade fork)

- complete period Shimano XT groupset as Original spec. Including a NOS seatpost (27.0mm) Thumb shifters/ 2 finger levers complete with hoods / rubber handle skewers.

- wheels are Araya RM20 black anodised 36H on M732XT hubs. The rear free hub was replaced with new as it was slipping.

- New B/B / Chain / cables and outers

- saddle is a Vetta Lite in VGC

The Tyres look NOS with good sidewalls but are cracked in various places so I would definitely say they are show piece/ garage queen use only.

You'd have no problems using this properly if you changed the tyres out or had another set of wheels to make it a rider. The other issue is that the chainrings are worn and need replacing.
I was hanging out to get some black SG ones for the catalogue spec look but could easily be replaced with standard silver.

With this in mind.....

I'm asking £555 - NOW £500 - * PRICE REDUCTION 25/09* strong money for a Dynatech but this is in great condition. I'm fully aware I could get much more if I broke it up....The NOS XT post on it's own could sell for 1/5th of the asking price. Complete XT groupset... again, these command good money. Wheelset with Panaracer Smoke Lite Compes etc...

Just can't bring myself to do this though. I'd like it to stay complete - I'm including the original forks too. Not selling these separately as they belong with the frame.

No postage on this either. After EVRI lost my "O" prototype - I'm not using couriers to send bikes anymore.

Collection only from Hinckley, Leicestershire
I may deliver if you are Warwickshire. I occasionally travel to Essex/Suffolk too.

PM me for details or ask the question here.

Cheers boy"O"boy

Last edited:
Bump'in up.

Reckon there's going to be more interest in a split. 🤔 :(

Still reluctant to go this route.....Will listen to close offers for this complete.

boy"O"boy

It seems like full bikes despite being lovely builds and well priced are just not selling... 🤷‍♂️

Sorry to be the first circling vulture in case there is a split... but if this does happen I would be interesting in the brake levers. Hope it doesn't come this though! GLWS. 👍💪

It seems like full bikes despite being lovely builds and well priced are just not selling... 🤷‍♂️

Sorry to be the first circling vulture in case there is a split... but if this does happen I would be interesting in the brake levers. Hope it doesn't come this though! GLWS. 👍💪

Cheers. You're right....all the bikes I've ever listed F/S here on Retrobike never go as the complete bike and always end up getting broken up. 😢
It's a shame but maybe it's the nature of what we do - hunting for parts to build your own vision instead of accepting someone else's build.

Going to give the Odyssey a final complete bump with price reduction before going down the split route. Someone could make some profit if they buy at this price and choose to split it themselves....their choice.

Final price reduction to £500 collected from Hinckley, Leicestershire

PM or reply here if interested....even if it's registering interest as a circling vulture! 👀

Cheers.
boy"O"boy

Vulture here... registering interest in the XT groupset!
Hopefully someone will buy it complete though.

Good luck with the sale mate - I hope this beauty goes to a worthy home
Thanks ibbz. Possible split ahead but would be happy if it became a Dynatech stablemate to another. 🤞🏻

Vulture here... registering interest in the XT groupset!
Hopefully someone will buy it complete though.
Noted.
Will be in touch if the frame and rigid fork combo sell. No prices yet but if I do, expect groupset, seatpost, wheels with tyres and Q/R's, Rockshox Mag 21's, saddle to all be sold as separate lots.

Cheers.
boy"O"boy

So. Split begins.....

Separate ads for XT seatpost and saddle up already.

Wheelset-
Araya RM20 rims 36H on Shimano M732 XT hubs. Rubber handle Skewers and Cassette included. Panaracer Smoke Lite Compes also included BUT...although they look NOS, they do have splits (see above pics) so garage queen/ show piece suited only.

*SOLD* £180 for complete wheel/tyre combination plus postage. Ideally UK postage only. PM me for costs. Will consider overseas but don't expect it to be cheap! 😬

Will update this ad with more pics tomorrow but....

£160 plus postage for Dynatech frame/rigid fork/stem/bars/Tioga Avenger headset/ Dynatech rubber handle skewer combo.

£75 plus postage for Rockshox Mag 20/21 fork. 1 1/8" threaded. Good paint. Booster scuffed. New dust seals. Holding air. *SOLD*

More to come once stripped.

PM for details.

Cheers.
boy"O"boy

Last edited:
Whats the Steerer length on the forks please?
Also, still very Interested in the whole groupset...

Back