Selbach: what kind of brakes ?

Re:

Well worth restoring. H Lloyd may have transfers and V-CC catalogues are free pdf downloads. Have you got any pictures on here?

Thanks - it's going to be a longish process - the paint is nearly gone but the frame is solid with no bad rust. It came with a past it Williams crank but some good other parts. The frame itself is as light as.....well really light. I'm looking forward to this - it will be a learning process!

Re:

Look forward to seeing your Selbach and research is the best to start with. Cheapest too but someone will have parts you need. Any frame numbers? Could help.

Thanks - I may well ask some questions.
I'm trying to work out what model Selbach it was - interestingly on the seat tube is the remains of a large " D " which makes me think it may be the DP model.....? It's going to have to be repainted so it's important to work out the model first.

Re:

You will find a number sequence under the bb. If the bike is to be resprayed then lightly sand and you will see at 6oclock the small numbers which will at least determine the year - I missed these for a while. Also if you have the full bike the bike parts and fittings will tell you the model.

Latest posts

Back