Seeking Yellow and Pink wearing Schmoo club/team

That would be very cool Tim, maybe do something in collaboration with Retrobike...Christ, how time flies!!!

Rich

p.s. It was seeing your photo in MBUK winning the Champs that got me into MTBing!!! (and buying an Orange Clockwork)

I think that is an ace idea. or how about a ride/meet in honour of the great man with as many yellow and pinks on retro bikes as we can find? Schmoo 'took me under his wing' when i was a mere 12 years old about 18 years ago - we had to get special XXXS pinks made for my puny legs! i hated them but got a stern talking to if i didnt wear them. I am sure he ruined much potential female attention through my teenage years.

Re: the good old days

Hi Guys,

Just came across this post!!

Still have my pink Schmoo bibbed shorts and they fit... thank god for Lycra!!

Used to race nationals on a Orange clockwork, had it sprayed by dream machine burnt gold... anyone remember??

M

Re:

Hey Rich,

Yep I realised it was a old thread but cldnt not add to it!!!

Good to know we all have epic memories of back then, Remeber Diane in Lycra shorts cldnt decide if she was hot or not!! ( I was young!) also Animal....

Re:

Mid 80's, long before I got into MTBing, I sometimes rode out (road biking) in a replica TdF yellow Jersey (Credit Lyonnais) and bright pink shorts.
I usually got trouble, so stopped doing it. I had a handful of gravel thrown in my face from a passing builders van and a half brick thrown at me from a passing XR3 Cabriolet.
Nice times.

Back