Security bubble

Status
Not open for further replies.
FMJ":3q6motel said:
Time has not been kind to Ms. Bush. She's only a month older than me. I think I've fared better. Must be the cycling.

Sorry FMJ i don't want to see your bush :LOL:

Of course with anything preventative what could happen is factored in, it is unwise not to, but for the purposes of the world is watching, thought should be what is the world seeing and with that we have the incident brought up for debate through the fact that the incident involved a cyclist of which the majority of us here are.

Now the person concerned, he might have been cocky, he might have just wanted to cycle alongside the procession, who knows, has anyone asked him or is it assumed he was being an ass hole just because of what happened as there are always many sides to a story and nothing can be conclusive until all sides have been considered.

Now myself in the security person's position, I would like to have thought I would have stopped the cyclist, just grabbed the bike and physically stopped it which would mean I am no longer running at the head of the procession in the glare of the camera, but I am dealing with a situation, a stopped bike the rider is no longer a problem and they can be told civilly to behave or don't do what they were doing for a reason he might not have been aware of previously But dragging someone in front of moving vehicles where they were not before seems to me like endangerment of not only the rider, but myself as that same procession of vehicles might not be quick enough to stop for anyone.

And we all know how unfriendly bikes can be when we fall off them let alone be dragged off them and the rider was dragged along with his bike, I bet he got a nice shin skinning and gravel rash, but a rider riding off after such an incident, has anyone considered shock ?

I gotta agree with signal. This whole Olympic torch makarkey was invented by Josef Goebbels for the '36 games, so why are we hosting it, much less guarding it. I look forward to the UKs bid to hold the next Krystalnacht.

Just thought he could have cornerd him to his right instead of dragging him across the other side of the road.

was he not riding along with the general public walking alongside, appears very harsh, and throwing a child in front of a moving car!

agree with terrorist threats etc blah blah blah but this seems a bit ott

end of the day coca cola and samsung have made a fortune from this overplayed entourage of bollocks.

kid wasnt doing anything wrong

Damn you chopper and tintin. I've been wandering around the shop all morning humming Them Heavy People. I curse at thee.

The kid wanted his 5 seconds of fame and he got it

The security team acted appropriately, dealt with a percieved threat, handed it over to local plod then resummed the detail they were on.

Had he not been on a bike I wonder if this thread would have even been made here at all

as to kate bush looking rough..I doubt anyone in here looks as good as they did 30 years ago

was the over rough handling of a child that got me nothing to do with if he was on a bike or not as far as i'm concerned,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back