Just discovered 'I-Spec' 🙁

JimK404

Marin Fan
I set out to convert Boy the Younger's bike from 3x9 to 1x11 so he has less to worry about when riding, and the shifter I bought turned up with no way to clamp it to the bars. A bit of googling suggests this is a thing now? WTAF?

I think I have to hope I can return the shifter and find one that actually comes with a clamp 😡

Kcnc do an adapter, though it does depend on which I spec you have as I think there are at least 3 versions of it.

It's another problem no one had solved by a new standard imho. I'm having issues myself trying to use i-spec or even normal shifter clamps with some brakes, can't get the shifter where I want it due to clearance issues with the brake lever, even when using the manufacturer's shift mix, mix master or whatever name they have.

what is this sorcery can i see a pic
i never heard of i spec before
i d rather use grip shift anyway thumb shifters feel primative an rapid fires always break

Was never bothered about I spec but shimano seem to have designed their current brakes to be incompatible with the stand alone shifters for some reason!

If yours was 12sp I’d offer to swap.

Latest posts

Back