Screw on freewheel spacing.

dyna-ti

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Was the once upon a time of fitting cogs to mtb's, so must go in this section.

Righto.
Building a rear hub off one of my Hope oddities, which seems to be a tandem type with disc mount, but not the usual screw on drag brake affair or direct bolt, but a 5 bolt rotor/spider interface as seen on their other mtb hubs. I think its actually a one off.

I've fitted it on a 135mm axle and its pictured set up on a C2 and mono rotor, just for the pic. But its the spacing between the screw on bit and the frame that im a bit unsure of, not having a freewheel or single speed freewheel to check it.
The spacing is approximately correct, but I reckoned someone here would know if its roughly right.
I can take other more reasonably precise measurements if needed.

Attachments

• DSCF3337 (Custom).JPG
    DSCF3337 (Custom).JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 336
  • DSCF3333 (Custom).JPG
    DSCF3333 (Custom).JPG
    101.3 KB · Views: 336
My verniers say 41mm from the first cog to the grip nut on the axle so if you measure from the end of the thread to your grip nut and see what you get?

The hub is a Mavic Dakar with a Sachs 7spd screw-on.

Looks to be about 38mm, maybe 37. :? Not promising

Update. I've Hopes first commercial disc hub here, which is also screw on, and after just measuring that it's also 38mm. Hang on, the Dakar is 130mm isnt it ? :? So thats likely correct then, for MTB.
It was out a box of axles, I was quite sure it would fit the hub, but likely meant for a screw on ti mono, but not a disc version, as there was never a ti mono screw on disc.

I suppose thats excellent news. Inadvertently thanks to incorrect spacing of a road hub V MTB and a double check 2nd opinion. Thumbs up cheers :D

Right. Who wants to buy a weird hub ? :LOL: :LOL: Works !!

Back