Scottish Retro Bikers

Welcome fella. Look forward to seeing that '89 Offroad Master. It has Suntour parts as standard with a Flexstem - one of my mates Simon used to ride one to school. His bars were cut down to about 16" :shock:

I'm Scottish too, i used to race in the early/mid 90's. Mostly local bike club races but i did a few rounds of the NPS and have been to Contin, Innerliethen, Sidlaw hills, Fort William (where i lived) etc etc etc
I live in Glasgow now, have a few bikes of various ages, ill just go bung them in my sig........

Cool a list :D

Clockwork Gaz
The Ken
Velomaniac
Kaiser
Haggis
Jimihendrix
messiah
davedownhill
Murf
Enid puceflange
awaycaboose
greenfingers
ranestu

Tis very nice to see so many of my fellow clansmen on here- any suggestions for macretro meets are very welcome :cool:

First race this year at the grand old age of 37 but up for some more- see you all at the SSUK champs.

Me as well.

Never raced (though I am doing the Bennachie Mountain Duathlon on Feb 22nd if that counts). More into epic rides in the hills and using the bike to shorten walk-ins to the big crags.

Overbury's Pioneer is in bits ahead of a full refurb so will be riding <hangs head in shame> modern </hangs head> for a while.

Hey

am a Jock from edinburgh), but living in Perth, Western Australia now

dabbled a bit with racing in the late 80's and early 90's on my Mongoose Iboc Comp and then Proflex 750

Worked @ the New Bike Shop, tollcross, followed by Cycles Williamson in Stockbridge (home of team Moont) RIP Phil :(

Ended up back in Tollcross at Biketrax

Planning a visit next year- would love to meet up for a ride

Andy

Cool a list :D

Clockwork Gaz
The Ken
Velomaniac
Kaiser
Haggis
Jimihendrix
messiah
davedownhill
Murf
Enid puceflange
awaycaboose
greenfingers
ranestu
derm
alba 7
jamiedyer is help captive here too

the banished
fatfixie
lysander

fatfixie you just named pretty much all the shops I used to visit

(bar City Cycles in rodney street - I got the GT frame from there, and Sandy Wallace who built my wheels)

I got my bullseyes from williamsons in the january sales, I got there about 7 in the morning to make sure I would get them.

Back