Scotland v England - footy

Booing their own national anthem. Scotland fans showing their class as per.

Still, it's been some time since GSTQ was sung at CP.

Re:

Sadly England have now gone the way of Scotland having given up on grass roots football and separated the top teams from any responsibility to the game and made them an entertainment instead of a sport ...lots of money ....an influx of foreign players ...lots of pigs at the trough...fewer and fewer quality English players coming through and the few that are left get bunched together a handful of times a year to represent the country with the inevitable results.
The England team are a joke and the joke is on us they can't care when they earn so much at their day jobs.
We have a choice to enjoy The Premier League and give up on Internationals or leave this elite to those who can afford to watch it and instead choose our national team from the championship instead where they work for a living and there are more decent players to choose from and who would love to play for the honour rather than prestige.

Re:

just read through this thread[ England are world class] jeez that's a good un :facepalm: :D :D
I thought the scots would have been beaten 1 or 2 nil but to say we should choose from the
championship is sumat else that's full of overseas players ;)

England have made the cut in the major competitions consistently enough to be considered worthy of the 'world class' label, whatever anyone thinks of their players. Being in the top thirty national football teams in a world that is football mad is good going.

I don't really buy in to the idea of structural issues/epl/sky/money ruining everything, for me the issue with England over the last few tournaments has been failing to get anything like the best out of the players we have.

And largely that's down to the manager

In every tournament, There's always teams that punch above their weight, but for the 3 lions in 2006, 2010, 2012 and this year, we haven't even pulled our weight.

Re:

I also think the Rooney admiration society has not done any favours either. There have been more creative players sidelined in favour of Grannysnatcher.

The likes of Welbeck excites me for the future, as do some of the new generation of Scotland players.

Latest posts

Back