My 90's (?) Trek

ch3

Retro Newbie
Hi all,

I was given this bike couple years back and absolutely love riding it about town. Call me a heretic but with all the potholes and cracks it makes the ride smooth and fun. It's lush for the woods and adventures too.

I only just found out that it's likely a 90's bike which I've not realised as it's been unused and in really good nick. Can anyone confirm?

I'm a bit of a noob and aside my love for riding a bike don't know much!

PXL_20230415_133755279.jpg

Know for certain ? ^^

Or did you take your life into your own hands looking at Lance Armstrong Trek catalogues around that era 😂

Hey we’re all friends around here - and mostly play nicely so don’t worry, besides we’ve all done it at somepoint and posted in error

This thread might get moved by a moderator before the sight of a Trek offends Klien fans delicate dispositions.

I think you're right! I had it serviced and was told 90's and took the guy's word for it... Just found this list www.vintage-trek.com/model_numbers1.htm and 4900 was made between '01 and 03

Still 20 yrs old for something most on here would consider modern 🤣😂

Welcome to Retro Bike - now leave before you start spending all your beer tokens on antique parts and copious other bikes you haven’t yet worked out that you cannot live without

Thanks! I love my bike nonetheless 🥰 Btw, the first picture was from a spontaneous solo trip to Isle of Wight. I went off road, managed to get lots in the forest and had to carry the bike up these... Which was totally doable, despite the steel frame.

(Ps. Upon emerging, two dudes at the top of the steps just looked at me saying 'we'd offer help but it seems like you don't need it' which was the most considerate and non-patronising comment I could wish for...)

A story no one asked for 😅

PXL_20230415_170402778.jpg

Still 20 yrs old for something most on here would consider modern 🤣😂

Welcome to Retro Bike - now leave before you start spending all your beer tokens on antique parts and copious other bikes you haven’t yet worked out that you cannot live without

Tbf, being born in '80 I'm having a hard time considering anything that's been made after that retro 😅

Back